• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bored with WFH yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored with WFH yet?

Never thought I'd say it but I am.....

Normally, I like a bit of skive but client has ramped down the work massively. Its a case of "no dont touch it theres no-one in the office".
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Normally, I like a bit of skive but client has ramped down the work massively. Its a case of "no dont touch it theres no-one in the office".
    They're just telling you they're not in the office.

Comment

I like a bit of skive
      We’d never have guessed this about you.

but client has ramped down the work massively
      Damage limitation.

Comment

Not at all. My team are being more productive than when they are office based so keen to keep it going.

Flexibility around child care and meetings is now the norm and people going off early or starting late is completely acceptable. I very much hope this is the new norm.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I read the title and thought it was posted by my wife.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Nope, we were told no return to office this year

Over 50’s have not to return until vaccine in available

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Not bored at all, I'm very ok with that and I also hope it will become the norm.

I save 2 hours a day and save money not having to commute
              I sleep more and better
              I eat better because I always have an homemade lunch rather than some crap meal deal

Only wee thing I didn't like, and only at the beginning of lockdown, was the fact I had to make my own cappuccino mid-morning, but since the coffee shops opened I just get one from the hipster place down the road, gives me the chance to take my eyes off the screen too.

WFH till I die

Comment

Got bored of it the first time I did a long stint in 2016. Got bored of it after doing 10 months last year. And I'm bored of it now.

So, uh yes. Permanent WFH doesn't really work for me - I like getting out to see people.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Got bored of it the first time I did a long stint in 2016. Got bored of it after doing 10 months last year. And I'm bored of it now.

So, uh yes. Permanent WFH doesn't really work for me - I like getting out to see people.
                  My current contract has been classified as essential work throughout but the client site is not good for social distancing. So I've been going in once every week or two when necessary for a workshop. It's a great principle to preserve from a work / life balance and climate change / air pollution perspective - go in when you have to.

Comment

I'm surprised by the large number of posters on here that this is their first experience of WFH.

I've done it on and off for years. In one place only people who answered their phones/messages promptly got to do it. In other places they didn't care as long as the work was done by agreed deadlines.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X