• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grant Shapps ****s up again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Try to use a normal sized font, if you're emphasising the difference between a Saturday and a Sunday. If in doubt, ignore the quarantine, and blame Grant Shapps for misleading the public.
    Sad, but true...

My name is Tim and I recently returned from Belgium. There seems to be a widespread belief that the UK government has some type of control over those returning from the countries on the list. This is untrue.

I do not intend to boast about the fact that I have not complied to ‘the rules’ but that is the truth.

The form that you fill out asks for your permission to phone or text you - your permission! If they do phone you they ask you a few questions, “Are you at home?”, I was not but answered “Yes, I am”. That is it.

If this is compared to other nations, for instance, Singapore, where you are locked inside your room, or former CIS nations where you have to download an app and share your location, the UK is a joke.

My neighbour who returned from a nation ‘on the list’ arrived to Stansted Airport where they did not ask him to show the form. He returned to work and told his boss that he had been in Scotland (despite his tan).
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Or just pick one of the endless list of exceptions.
      Coronavirus (COVID-19): travellers exempt from border rules in the UK - GOV.UK

I think if your grandmothers best friends brothers uncle likes eating cheese on a monday facing north your might be ok

Comment

Who cares. You can still travel to France, you don't have to return early if you're already there. You just have to quarantine on your return. Which was already writing on the wall. Anyone who went on holiday to France not prepared to quarantine on their return is an idiot.

What are the rules on having a job where you cannot WFH, and were already in the country when the rules changed? Can you claim it as sick pay or can employers put you on unpaid leave?
        If you travel AFTER the rules come in, you should consider yourself lucky to have a job by the time you finish quarantining!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          My name is Tim and I recently returned from Belgium. There seems to be a widespread belief that the UK government has some type of control over those returning from the countries on the list. This is untrue.

I do not intend to boast about the fact that I have not complied to ‘the rules’ but that is the truth.

The form that you fill out asks for your permission to phone or text you - your permission! If they do phone you they ask you a few questions, “Are you at home?”, I was not but answered “Yes, I am”. That is it.

If this is compared to other nations, for instance, Singapore, where you are locked inside your room, or former CIS nations where you have to download an app and share your location, the UK is a joke.

My neighbour who returned from a nation ‘on the list’ arrived to Stansted Airport where they did not ask him to show the form. He returned to work and told his boss that he had been in Scotland (despite his tan)
          UK has been nice and hot so he could have actually got the tan in Scotland or even his back garden.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X