• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London bridge is falling down!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

They were closing it in the '80s.
    Wasn't that becaue the IRA had tried to blow it up?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      They were closing it in the '80s.
      Plus it's between two London Boroughs and TFL, each of whom want the other two to pay for it. Classic slopey-shoulders.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Oh the guy with the spray paint has been out. It must fix things just by being there as they've been on the road outside our house for years.

That said the N has worn out but I can still make out the C, U and T....

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Wasn't that becaue the IRA had tried to blow it up?
          Twice in the late 90's, but it was structurally unsound before that. It probably needs replacing with a new structure, or it's just a giant money pit. It affects Barnes more than anywhere else, and Barnes is in Richmond, which is LibDem/Green. They won't willingly spend a shilling on road-related improvements, so don't expect any change anytime soon.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Shoot the f**ker before it breeds!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Even Xog wouldn't...

Comment

If we didn't know you any better, in this woke atmosphere, cancel culture and snowflake tulipstorm, that could quite easily be classified as a hate crime
                Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Don't worry she is too old, and as I remember from the news stories about Kids Company couldn't have children anyway.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    London infrastructure is appalling. Where the **** does all the council tax and business rates go?
                    I think you could make that argument for England and maybe the UK as a whole. Investment in infrastructure has been lagging for decades. The same is true in the USA.

All we can afford now is patching up bits and the odd shiny new thing like Crossrail that runs years behind schedule and many billions over budget.

At least London has had Crossrail and several other major infrastructure projects plus likely to benefit from airport expansion, HS2 etc. Other parts of the country have been shamefully underfunded in comparison. I'll believe it when I see it, but BoJo's 'levelling up' of infrastructure and investment is actually one of the only sensible things he's ever said.

Comment

Working...
                    X