• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The same bunch of nutters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So you view support of Farage as a negative?

What support of Farage? Google standupx farage and the only thing that comes up is this stupid thread.

Most people don't match the conceptions of right, left or liberal on every unrelated issue. Personally, I am right of centre on some things, more left of centre or liberal on others, I think most people are. It is the the extremists on both sides that cause problems.

Just take the EU, I voted out but am not a fanatic. If the leaders would take more account of real differences in economy and culture, rather than try and impose their unrealistic ideals on us, I would have preferred to stay in. Look at Yugoslavia, that didn't work out too well did it?

Or immigration. I don't think most on the right of centre on that want a simplistic race-based system, we just want proper controls that protect the population and help us to build a high skill economy, not a massive influx of the low skilled that puts enormous pressures on resources in an already overpopulated country.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Look at Yugoslavia, that didn't work out too well did it?
      It did not work out well because that country was made up of members who were forced to be there - United Kingdom fits that analogy than EU (from where it's possible and relatively easy to leave).

So what you've voted for isn't just leaving EU, it's break up of the UK, with individual countries later joining EU as separate, equal members.

Comment

I'm not comparing the EU commission with Tito exactly, no forced labour camps yet, but nobody in the UK ever had the opportunity to make an informed choice. We never had a choice about entering what was then the EEC and it's the aims were much misrepresented in the later referendum.

If you were as ancient as me, you'd see how this this association of Brexit with the right wing is simplistic. Back then the Labour party, especially the left wing, was opposed to the EEC.

Anyway, if we keep posting about this in General, I think Nat will come along and ban us.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

joining EU as separate, equal members.
          Scotland and Wales would be equal to Germany and France? Yeh, right! They'll have far less say over control of their own nations than they did in the UK.
          bloggoth

Comment

They'll have far less say over control of their own nations than they did in the UK.

They'll be able to block England from joining EU, just like France or Germany.

Comment

Bunch of loonies probably but I can't see anything online linking them, or the Del Bigtree bloke you mentioned, to the right wing or Brexit. Germy Carbuncle's brother has been significantly involved.

Got any evidence or is this just typical lefty slurring?

While there are some associations between apparently unrelated issues, just trotting out this sort of comment is simplistic and often nonsensical. For example, opposition to abortion, gay rights, and mass immigration are all deemed "right wing" but some ethnic minorities are much less liberal on the first two issues than the majority of the population. So they are right wing?
              You just have to read their website and Del Bigtree is at the bottom of the home page. Del Bigtree and Fatrage were campaigning together.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                You just have to read their website and Del Bigtree is at the bottom of the home page. Del Bigtree and Fatrage were campaigning together.
                That does not prove anything!

Comment

I know Bigtree is on their website, he's a loony, but can't see any info that he's right wing or a Brexiteer. Can't find any links between Del Bigtree and Farage either, apart from completely unrelated posts on Twitter, Pinterest etc.

Maybe I'm missing summit, so come on, give us a link.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Anyway, my extensive research shows that 5G is spread by Bumblebees.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Anyway, my extensive research shows that 5G is spread by Bumblebees.
                      Bumble bees are innocent!

5G is a US conspiracy to cause a war with China.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X