• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scape ? found

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scape ? found

“ Public Health England (PHE) is to be scrapped and replaced by a new body specifically designed to protect the country against a pandemic by early next month, the Telegraph can disclose.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock will this week announce a merger of the pandemic response work of PHE with NHS Test and Trace into a new body, called the National Institute for Health Protection, modelled on Germany's Robert Koch Institute.”

Hancock axes ‘failing’ Public Health England

What are the chances of the Institute names after Matt Hancock?

Go to bed and stop wasting my time.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

PHE have to be scrapped as the Health Secretary has no control over it and NHS England thanks to reforms done by a former Tory government.

It would be laughable if it wasn't a nightmare that every "reform" the Tories have done from 2010 in immigration, education, healthcare, policing and austerity is now coming home to roast with a Tory government made up of idiots and liars.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oooh, let's make big changes to our health service right in the middle of a pandemic. I wonder what could go wrong
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Oooh, let's make big changes to our health service right in the middle of a pandemic. I wonder what could go wrong
          It doesn't matter when they change it as with this bunch of incompetents it will go wrong anyway.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Luckily the lady that will be running the new service also runs the track and trace service (also married to gory Mp) what could possibly go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Judging from the typical politics that go on within public sector departments trying to get two to work together will be impossible. The age old burorcatrs "what's in it for me" is still alive and kicking.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                Luckily the lady that will be running the new service also runs the track and trace service (also married to gory Mp) what could possibly go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                Aye, Baroness Dildo Harding. Same bint in charge of TalkTalk during it's biggest (publicised) data breach.

Not the first or last privileged **** to be moved sideways when they're found out to be incompetent. See also most CEOs parachuted in with no real experience of the company domain they're taking over.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Yet Public Health England (PHE) is part of the Department of Health and is therefore ultimately the responsibility of those very same ministers calling for this, not least Matt Hancock himself.

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Disband == shred all evidence before the public inquiry can get it

Comment

Working...
                    X