• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stay at home - save the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    Shouldn't NHS be saving us not the other way around?

It seems like that's defeating its purpose...
    Nhs saves those who help save themselves, plus people who don’t

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
      Shouldn't NHS be saving us not the other way around?

It seems like that's defeating its purpose...
      FOG
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Given the demographics I think lockdown was a bad idea, and shutting down the NHS worse. We now have over 40,000 people waiting for tests for breast cancer alone.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          Given the demographics I think lockdown was a bad idea, and shutting down the NHS worse. We now have over 40,000 people waiting for tests for breast cancer alone.

Shutting the NHS was to avoid pictures like those shown in Italy. It wasn't to save lives otherwise they would have admitted younger people with serious Covid symptoms before they started doing so after BJ got seriously ill.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            Hard to say what that number would be if there had not a shutdown of parts of the NHS. The services wouldn't have carried on as normal once there were serial outbreaks in elective NHS service settings.

Comment

They have also shut down private hospitals due to the way that it has been financed, ensuring that the NHS will not 'catch up' on elective surgery for about 3 years.

These are real people, some with excruciating pain, that have now been waiting for 4 months for their surgery.

I personally would not want to be one of the 10,000 or so Cancer patients that have been diagnosed but are still awaiting treatment.

I still don't believe the figures that the modelling team came up with prior to lock down and given the teams history with over estimating CJD by 2 orders of magnitude I think I'm justified.

Comment

Working...
              X