• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Priti Patel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priti Patel

“ Priti Patel: Migrants crossing Channel as they believe France is racist

Migrants are crossing the Channel to Britain because they believe France is a “racist country” where they may be “tortured”, Priti Patel has said.

According to reports, the home secretary made her comments in a conference call with Conservative MPs concerned about the recent upsurge in numbers attempting the dangerous voyage in small boats.”

Priti Patel: Migrants crossing Channel to UK as they believe France is racist | UK news | The Guardian

It's not just France: The Islamic veil across Europe - BBC News

And don't think the pandemic gives Muslim women a break from the law in France: France will still ban Islamic face coverings even after making masks mandatory - CBS News

Torture takes many forms, including being forced to learn French - but enough of my experiences at school...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I've been using a lot of hire cars over the last five years to work with various clients. They are usually delivered by drivers who are recent migrants to this country and I always ask them...

1) Where do you come from and why did you leave?
      2) Where have you travelled from/lived before in Europe?
      3) How do you find it here?

Most have lived through Europe and found it racist towards them, are much happier here and say the British people are good and nice to them. Everyone admits that they are an economic migrant and not a refugee as such, opportunity is poor in their homeland.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        I've been using a lot of hire cars over the last five years to work with various clients. They are usually delivered by drivers who are recent migrants to this country and I always ask them...

1) Where do you come from and why did you leave?
        2) Where have you travelled from/lived before in Europe?
        3) How do you find it here?

Most have lived through Europe and found it racist towards them, are much happier here and say the British people are good and nice to them. Everyone admits that they are an economic migrant and not a refugee as such, opportunity is poor in their homeland.

Don't say things like that we all know they are escaping brutal wars started by the Imperial west that invaded their paradise and forced them to cross most of the world so they can get to the same country as Tony Bliar so they can settle in safety.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mustn't speak the truth! Few articles here that mention treatment by the French.

Revealed: 10,000 child refugees risked their lives to enter Britain | World news | The Guardian

Channel migrant crossings: who is coming and why? | World news | The Guardian

French police ‘tear-gassing refugee children and tearing up tents’ near former Calais Jungle site as government condemns abuses | The Independent

'Worse than the Jungle': Refugees face 'acute' lack of sanitation and 'alarming' police brutality on Italian border | The Independent

'Get out of France': Paris police tear gassing refugees and stealing blankets in freezing conditions, report reveals | The Independent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-38095810

http://uk.businessinsider.com/calais...britain-2016-2
          Last edited by xoggoth; 17 August 2020, 09:28.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It was funny when there was all that fuss about Muslim face covering being banned in French schools, while at exactly the same time, it was banned in Turkish schools.

However, my family have encountered more casual racism over on continental Europe than we ever did in the UK. But some Swiss are xenophobic toward you if you live in a different village!

We've not experienced any hostility due to covid-19, and my sister-in-law in the UK has.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

These are the symptoms. Perhaps sorting out the problem that caused the refugees in the first place would be helpful. Unfortunately the elite and their arms-manufacturing chums have no interest in that because it's not profitable.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

A stopped clock and all that.

I went to school with someone whose immigrant parents moved to the UK from France because they had more job opportunities in the UK as they found less racism. Funny thing they were highly skilled and worked in a profession that had a well-known problem with racism at the end of the last century. I've now met and worked with quite a few other non-white French people who have said they have experienced less racism here.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

nah racism is rife in the UK

Shocking moment North Korean asylum seeker is 'told you're not from this country' by her neighbour | Daily Mail Online

Shocking moment North Korean asylum seeker is 'told you're not from this country' by her neighbour in racist rant during row over their bins

• Footage shows neighbour appearing to push woman and throwing a bin at her
                  • The resident is told: 'You're an asylum seeker. You're not from this country'
                  • Two CCTV clips were posted to Facebook by Myunseo, who lives in Croydon
                  • She claimed row erupted over bins and has been ongoing since last November
                  oh dear.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Croydon is infamous....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X