• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The tories are a complete cluster**** of a party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tories are a complete cluster**** of a party

Labour; Hold my beer

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/starmerout
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Hopefully soon both parties will break up and we'll have some sensible electoral system not that POS FPTP two party system: Soviet system of one party was more honest than this tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Hopefully soon both parties will break up and we'll have some sensible electoral system not that POS FPTP two party system: Soviet system of one party was more honest than this tulip.
      You’ll never get rid of FPTP as the two parties needed to implement it are the two parties with the most to lose, they can fall back on the “well we already asked if you wanted to change it and the will of the people was to leave it as it was”

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Anyone saying "I'd like to get rid of FPTP" is essentially saying "Yes, I would like to have the Liberal Democrats and SNP more involved in government". That's a level of stupid that can't be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          You’ll never get rid of FPTP as the two parties needed to implement it are the two parties with the most to lose, they can fall back on the “well we already asked if you wanted to change it and the will of the people was to leave it as it was”
          Yes, the only way it would happen if it's one of the many requirements to meet in order to re-join EU.

Others will be: EURO, metric system, etc

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            ... metric system,...
            Yeah, and if we give an inch. They’ll take 1.61km.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Anyone saying "I'd like to get rid of FPTP" is essentially saying "Yes, I would like to have the Liberal Democrats and SNP more involved in government". That's a level of stupid that can't be taken lightly.
              The SNP have the most to lose, they get 10% of seats on 3% of the votes due to only standing in Scottish constituencies

Comment

But at least you get to vote for your local MP, PR would just keep the party grandees safe from having to stand in a marginal seat like Ed Balls a few years ago. Your local MP would be thrust upon you and not accountable to you either.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

The SNP have the most to lose, they get 10% of seats on 3% of the votes due to only standing in Scottish constituencies
                  I would assume that any replacement would have a list vote where anyone could vote for them. They would pick up a lot of 2nd votes in England. Sadly.

Comment

PR is brutal in so many ways. A really big problem is that the parties can just put in anyone based on list votes. So you get a real dazzling selection of absolute idiots.

As they know it's the party's choice to put them in they become completely subservient. The top of the party has more control and is less accountable to politicians who can object and have a large constituency majority to back them up and a career to fall back on

Comment

Working...
                    X