• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

‘ Millennials can’t pay any more’ – Covid-19 will mean tax increases for older gen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yeah totally, and all his predecessors were totally different sort.

Yes, to a large extent they were.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This is a global crisis and if countries acted together to put a tax on the assets of the richest 0.01% of the world population, that would help matters. Treat non-payment as tax evasion and put out Interpol warrants for tax evaders.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
        It has always been the same, it will not change because of current circumstances. Wheathet it is taxes or rent extraction. Just a more elaborate plot to distract the young.

As for me, I’d be fine, I’d rather have just enough doing my own thing instead of slaving away to old farts like you in the same old corporate chain.

For you it is too late I am afraid, you do not know any other way...

The older I get the more I understand it is all about freedom. It comes in different forms of shapes but not how the corporate world has brainwashed you friend.

You really have no idea about businesses do you?

If working 2 days a week and having the ability to retire at 50 is too late for me to learn anything new then, you know what fella, I''l take that Vs your attitude.

Us old farts have grafted hard over the years to get where we are; you, however, seem to want it handed to you on a plate but when it isn't you blame others for your failures. Problem for you is, there are plenty of your peers who are willing to work hard and you're competing against these. Change your attitude mate or forever be angry and a loser - the power is in your hands only.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I don’t think the Torres have any master plan to balance the books. They make up things as they go along, any strategy is likely only for the next one week. At the moment, as long as they can borrow or print money, they are coming up with bizarre ideas to spend it.

Paying back government debt is never a short term goal, it’s always a problem for the next government that comes in.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            I don’t think the Torres have any master plan to balance the books. They make up things as they go along, any strategy is likely only for the next one week. At the moment, as long as they can borrow or print money, they are coming up with bizarre ideas to spend it.

Paying back government debt is never a short term goal, it’s always a problem for the next government that comes in.
            Which at this rate will be Labour.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

This is a global crisis and if countries acted together to put a tax on the assets of the richest 0.01% of the world population, that would help matters. Treat non-payment as tax evasion and put out Interpol warrants for tax evaders.
              What an absurd idea.

If every country acted together like that, and redistributed the funds equally then everyone would end up with the equivalent of an extra 2p. Woopy doo!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                What an absurd idea.

If every country acted together like that, and redistributed the funds equally then everyone would end up with the equivalent of an extra 2p. Woopy doo!
                It's not about redistributing equally, it's about paying the cost of Covid.

And if it were about redistribution, it would come in and somewhat more than 2p per head.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  What about the global malaria problem? What about global warming? What about global wealth inequality? What about global .... (Fill in relevant issue here)?

Where do you stop? Just keep taxing rich people's assets till there is nothing left... Why not right? Let's transfer assets.. from people who use them productively to produce more assets .. to unproductive governments who will squander them.

That's great for everyone right? I'm sure global wealth will increase.. I'm sure poor people will be much better off.

Countries will just print their debts away anyway and transfer wealth from the population that way, at least when they do that it hits everyone relatively equally.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                    What about the global malaria problem? What about global warming? What about global wealth inequality? What about global .... (Fill in relevant issue here)?

Where do you stop? Just keep taxing rich people's assets till there is nothing left... Why not right? Let's transfer assets.. from people who use them productively to produce more assets .. to unproductive governments who will squander them.

That's great for everyone right? I'm sure global wealth will increase.. I'm sure poor people will be much better off.

Countries will just print their debts away anyway and transfer wealth from the population that way, at least when they do that it hits everyone relatively equally.
                    Yes, no. In that order.

The 0.1% are accelerating away from the rest of the world. They are the ones who can change things but it is not in their interest to do so.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post

Ah the slippery slope fallacy. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X