• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

‘ Millennials can’t pay any more’ – Covid-19 will mean tax increases for older gen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Us old farts have grafted hard over the years to get where we are; you, however, seem to want it handed to you on a plate but when it isn't you blame others for your failures. Problem for you is, there are plenty of your peers who are willing to work hard and you're competing against these. Change your attitude mate or forever be angry and a loser - the power is in your hands only.
    It is not about hard work anymore, partially it matters but it has degraded into disturbing culture where managers are recruiting their underlying not by their ability to do the job but how they would be able to do the managers agenda.

So the corporate world is creating an underclass of people based on their ability to serve the establisment.

80% or more of the corporate staff are drowning in bad politics and serving the needs of a network of managers.

People might say it is how people act but I believe it is by design.

And most of the people are to ignorant to understand it or act upon it.

I’ve worked in 3 contries and sold my services to market leading organisations. I never had the support of anyone apart from myself. I failed many times, picked up myself and found a new way.
    But this system is inherently faulty and will stay so.

There was a quote somewhere about the gratest evil of this society being 1000ph people telling the 100ph underlyings that the 10ph people are at fault. And making them suffer for it.

Meritocracy is long gone.
    Last edited by GigiBronz; 17 August 2020, 14:40.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      It is not about hard work anymore, partially it matters but it has degraded into disturbing culture where managers are recruiting their underlying not by their ability to do the job but how they would be able to do the managers agenda.

So the corporate world is creating an underclass of people based on their ability to serve the establisment.

80% or more of the corporate staff are drowning in bad politics and serving the needs of a network of managers.

People might say it is how people act but I believe it is by design.

And most of the people are to ignorant to understand it or act upon it.

I’ve worked in 3 contries and sold my services to market leading organisations. I never had the support of anyone apart from myself. I failed many times, picked up myself and found a new way.
      But this system is inherently faulty and will stay so.

There was a quote somewhere about the gratest evil of this society being 1000ph people telling the 100ph underlyings that the 10ph people are at fault. And making them suffer for it.

Meritocracy is long gone.
      You're a contractor - why should you care who a manager hires into the perm positions?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - get your head down, graft, do the job you're contracted to do to the best of your ability and stop getting angry at what others are doing.

Interesting that you say you failed but it's the system that is at fault. Sounds like you're maybe not as good as you think you are, you're trying to do roles you're not skilled enough to do and when you're found out you blame others. Making mistakes is fine so long as you take ownership for those mistakes and learn from them.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
      X