• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer varifocal lenses, Varilux Computer 3V or similar any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    NIM02145 - National Insurance Manual - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK

IIRC you want the optometrist to include an Intermediate Addition on the Prescription annotated "For VDU use".
    Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
      Cheers.
      You're welcome Gricer.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You're welcome Gricer.
        FOG, Shirley?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Too right. I went into 2 independent high street opticians. Very knowledgeable but wanted to charge me twice as much for same zeiss varifocals from costco.

Since single vision computer lens is the general consensus I better bring out the co. cheque book. Might as well give it all the trimmings on offer.

I thought about having a laser surgery but apparently, I could still need to wear glasses which makes no sense at all.

Ageing just creeps up on you like a thief in the night.
          Laser surgery doesn't necessarily cure all issues with your vision. You won't get back what you had in your teens/twenties (depending on the frequency of your hand shandies as a yoof).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Laser surgery doesn't necessarily cure all issues with your vision. You won't get back what you had in your teens/twenties (depending on the frequency of your hand shandies as a yoof).
            I can barely remember the teens but think I was a saint with no hairy palms.

I have a weakness for Oakley frames, the specificities frame can only be purchased online. Plan was to take the frames into Costco and have it glazed with vdu lenses. Will the frames qualify as a company expense as well even though only the reglaze portion on the transaction will be invoiced as vdu?

Comment

Got some from Boots. Quite handy when logging in online and then having to check me cheap little phone for the OTP.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I can barely remember the teens but think I was a saint with no hairy palms.

I have a weakness for Oakley frames, the specificities frame can only be purchased online. Plan was to take the frames into Costco and have it glazed with vdu lenses. Will the frames qualify as a company expense as well even though only the reglaze portion on the transaction will be invoiced as vdu?
                If the prescription clearly states "for VDU" then the cost of supplying the glasses is ok. You can't use the lenses without a frame...

I think it goes on the prescription? Not sure as I still have 20/20 vision...

Comment

If the prescription clearly states "for VDU" then the cost of supplying the glasses is ok. You can't use the lenses without a frame...

I think it goes on the prescription? Not sure as I still have 20/20 vision...

What does 20/20 Vision Mean?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I think mine may be better than 20/20 as I can easily read the bottom row (although my left eye is weaker than the right and will confuse a Y for a V)

Comment

I think mine may be better than 20/20 as I can easily read the bottom row (although my left eye is weaker than the right and will confuse a Y for a V)
                      You're probably 6/5 or 6/4.5 then (20/20 being the US equivalent of 6/6). As you get past 40 / 45 years old your near vision will fail, unless your weak left eye is actually a little short-sighted (-1.00 to - 2.00 approx.) and can pick up the near vision "task".

Comment

Working...
                      X