• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gavin Williamson faces the sack if schools fail to reopen after coronavirus shutdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gavin Williamson faces the sack if schools fail to reopen after coronavirus shutdown

The Education Secretary has one more chance to restore confidence by getting pupils back, say senior Tory MPs

And they give him "one more chance" because nobody sane would want his job to try to reopen schools?

I guess Gavin will take one for the team and accept peerage in some future.

So much for the Cabinet responsibility

Why doesn't he do the honourable thing and resign?

Oh I forgot none of Boris Johnson's cabinet have any honour.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      It's not about honour - obviously none of the frontbench got it, the job requires being a liar.

He is kept on the job to take the fall for upcoming failure top open schools, so why sack him now when it would be even more useful in a month or two? He knows it and won't resign, obviously after sacking he'll get some serious benefits for playing a long.

The whole system is a Con.

Comment

I doubt he would be fired if he was found watching Grange Hill go up in smoke while holding a petrol can and twirling a box of matches...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It wouldn't look very good if two were sacked in a fortnight, much better to let one idiot take the can for both failures and only pay one 'settlement'.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I doubt he would be fired if he was found watching Grange Hill go up in smoke while holding a petrol can and twirling a box of matches...
            They'd always pin that one on Gripper Stebson...and don't pretend you're not old enough...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Oh I forgot none of Boris Johnson's cabinet have any honour.
              Not sure how anyone else culd've done much better.

He fought to keep schools open and everyone said they should be shut for safety.
              He tried to get kids back to school before summer and was told this was a bad idea.
              He relented and kept schools shut, and was told he should be getting kids back to school.

I predict lots of teachers are going to refuse to go in, and unions will of course back them. Total no-win situation.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Berlin opened it's schools 2 weeks ago, there are now hundreds of teachers and pupils in quarantine. Although pupils are obliged to wear masks in the hallways, during breaks and when they enter the classroom, but they can take the masks off once they sit in their places and classes begin.

Corona-Falle an 37 Berliner Schulen – Quarantane verordnet – B.Z. Berlin

Lets see what happens...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Not sure how anyone else culd've done much better.

He fought to keep schools open and everyone said they should be shut for safety.
                  He tried to get kids back to school before summer and was told this was a bad idea.
                  He relented and kept schools shut, and was told he should be getting kids back to school.

I predict lots of teachers are going to refuse to go in, and unions will of course back them. Total no-win situation.
                  Plan B for any government is to use public broadcasters to ensure each age group of children had at least a couple of hours of education a day if their parents could not ensure they got access to the internet.

Unfortunately this government has no plan B when it comes to education.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The ERG "Government" has no Plan A for most things.

Total abject incompetence on steroids.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X