• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS pension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS pension

I was just doing a bit of life admin and I thought I'd better track down my NHS pension. Turns out that for a little over 7 years' contributions, I've got a £7k annual pension from age 60 CPI linked + 21k lump sum. I haven't trawled through annuity rates but it feels like I've just stumbled across 250k that I'd forgotten about.

Comment

yeh, right.

Comment

Well done.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
          yeh, right.
          FOG

Comment

Nice to hear some good news here for once.

Well done!

Comment

Wonder why nhs costs so much

80% pensions

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I was just doing a bit of life admin and I thought I'd better track down my NHS pension. Turns out that for a little over 7 years' contributions, I've got a £7k annual pension from age 60 CPI linked + 21k lump sum. I haven't trawled through annuity rates but it feels like I've just stumbled across 250k that I'd forgotten about.
                Will be worth around 100 euros per month, or less.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Will be worth around 100 euros per month, or less.
                  CPI link.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    CPI link.
                    Inflation in the UK isn't and won't be measured as loss of value against reserve currencies

You'll be lucky to get enough to buy a cup or two in EuroStarBucks

Comment

Working...
                    X