• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO BTL owners Jenrick has just sold you down the river

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    The poor have nothing to lose. They can board themselves up in their rented houses for at least 18 months and not have to worry about paying the rent. The poor were poor before and they will be poor afterwards.

Landlords have been crucified here. The whole middle class is about to get guillotined.

Campaigners and councils are the ones complaining so they should help stump up the cash. Councils should be made to pay the rents, or failing that, the mortgages of the properties in which they want these tenants to stay for free.

Nothing in this world is free. Renting is a choice - if you have no money then go to the council who in this "first world" country can then house you - in private rented accommodation that they will pay for. Renters should appreciate that someone has invested £100,000s and given them the opportunity to rent, and will make sure that the house is legal, fit for purpose and that everything always works.

The problem is that Generation Z want everything for free.
    Your last sentence ruined your post, although it was on its way to ruin anyway.

Do you understand that using statistical facts - not biased formation of stats - shows that those 18 to 30 have had their earning capability vastly reduced due to the last financial crash? Did you know that in the last fifty five years they're financially worse off, relative to costs, that the older generations?

You need two things: a clue - you're a rich ex-contractor near retirement, and a subscription to the FT or similar publication that regularly publishes excellent stats and graphs on this very subject.

I hope you're in the category who's about to get taxed to buggery, as my experience of generation Z is lack of well paid job opportunities. Wages have headed downwards for many of their professions since the 2008 crash.

Your "councils can pay the rent" comment also shows that you don't understand cyclical funding options or how the public sector works. To be fair, like much of your generation you're probably off your tits on red wine at midday.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It is only a matter of time before maintenance of large developments is interrupted. Some of the shoddy housing stock banged up the the 90s turds will start falling through ceilings after a few months. I think there is a real possibility of certain areas going south very quickly and turning into 1970s New York style crime ridden tulip holes.
      ...and speaking of those off their tits at midday on red wine, with expected imaginings, welcome to the world of minestrone.

Comment

Where've you been?

We haven't missed you.

Can you feck off back there please?
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Seconded.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Seconded.
            Still posting weird sexist pish on your blog?

The "far right terrorism only exists because of left wing antagonists" was a particularly good read. Just kidding, it was mental.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
              Your last sentence ruined your post, although it was on its way to ruin anyway.

Do you understand that using statistical facts - not biased formation of stats - shows that those 18 to 30 have had their earning capability vastly reduced due to the last financial crash? Did you know that in the last fifty five years they're financially worse off, relative to costs, that the older generations?

You need two things: a clue - you're a rich ex-contractor near retirement, and a subscription to the FT or similar publication that regularly publishes excellent stats and graphs on this very subject.

I hope you're in the category who's about to get taxed to buggery, as my experience of generation Z is lack of well paid job opportunities. Wages have headed downwards for many of their professions since the 2008 crash.

Your "councils can pay the rent" comment also shows that you don't understand cyclical funding options or how the public sector works. To be fair, like much of your generation you're probably off your tits on red wine at midday.
              Every generation thinks they have it the hardest.

I'm neither rich nor near retirement age. I have sacrificed an awful lot in my life to get where I am, to provide some level of security for my family. We started from a very low base, so f&&k you for judging.

Stop blaming others for your own inadequacies and failures.

Comment

Still posting weird sexist pish on your blog?

The "far right terrorism only exists because of left wing antagonists" was a particularly good read. Just kidding, it was mental.
                "far right terrorism only exists because of left wing antagonists" doesn't actually exist there. I've said that failure to acknowledge real problems and ignoring human nature is a major driver of the far right. Not quite the same thing.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Where is the fecking corkscrew.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Where is the fecking corkscrew.
                    Alton towers I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

This is mostly the fault of progressive taxation. The more you try, the more the greedy taxman wants to take off you.
                      Most of the housing issues are artificial - system is designed so that if you are born poor, you will stay poor all in the name of social justice.
                      If you want to put extra work to save for the deposit, you'll feel like pissing in the wind as beyond a certain point it makes no sense to do any more work.
                      Other way is to cut all spending to a bare minimum - rent a room in some rough area, only buy loss leaders e.g. baked beans or use food banks and after few years of sacrifice you can make it.
                      So you cannot save money by doing more work, but by spending less. That's quite self defeating system.

You also cannot just buy land and build a house. That is reserved for the big boys who can buy any MP and they can sell you the house at a great mark up.

If only we had a functioning anti-corruption body that could look into this dodgy state of affairs.

Comment

Working...
                      X