• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO BTL owners Jenrick has just sold you down the river

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    This is mostly the fault of progressive taxation. The more you try, the more the greedy taxman wants to take off you.
    Most of the housing issues are artificial - system is designed so that if you are born poor, you will stay poor all in the name of social justice.
    If you want to put extra work to save for the deposit, you'll feel like pissing in the wind as beyond a certain point it makes no sense to do any more work.
    Other way is to cut all spending to a bare minimum - rent a room in some rough area, only buy loss leaders e.g. baked beans or use food banks and after few years of sacrifice you can make it.
    So you cannot save money by doing more work, but by spending less. That's quite self defeating system.

You also cannot just buy land and build a house. That is reserved for the big boys who can buy any MP and they can sell you the house at a great mark up.

If only we had a functioning anti-corruption body that could look into this dodgy state of affairs.
    You really need to stop playing the victim and take responsibility for whatever situation you find yourself in that makes you blame everyone else.

Comment

You dont need money to get into the property game, you can get a 100% bridging loan to buy from auction, borrow to get the renovations, then as long as you dont screw it up have the uplift after a few months with no investment needed.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        You dont need money to get into the property game, you can get a 100% bridging loan to buy from auction, borrow to get the renovations, then as long as you dont screw it up have the uplift after a few months with no investment needed.
        random thought of the day?

not free money when prop market can get belly un in 6months, just bailing out the current crowd

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Getting harder to borrow

Why COVID-19's legacy will impact mortgage lending long-term

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

not free money when prop market can get belly un in 6months, just bailing out the current crowd
            Nice example that landlords are providing a service and taking on the risk

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              Nice example that landlords are providing a service and taking on the risk
              some of the people in the close group are immigrants and have been struggling to get on the housing ladder. As everyone has. As of recently they've managed to buy a property.Quite a few of them.
              Hope that the system if not offloading on the poor sods...

Comment

Properties are also being used by various shady people as stores of cash. They don't care whether they can find tenants and some prefer that their properties never get any.

Prices will be still going up.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  You really need to stop playing the victim and take responsibility for whatever situation you find yourself in that makes you blame everyone else.
                  I am fine my friend, but I believe people should have equal chances at making their lives better.

Comment

some of the people in the close group are immigrants and have been struggling to get on the housing ladder. As everyone has. As of recently they've managed to buy a property.Quite a few of them.
                    Hope that the system if not offloading on the poor sods...
                    So you want status quo?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      So you want status quo?
                      Rockin' All Over The World!
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X