• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 95 launched 25 years ago today.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I stand by my assertion. Posting about windows 95 and being a day late is even more boring.

Calling me an idiot is a bit mean though.
    Let's see what the expert says.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I stand by my assertion. Posting about windows 95 and being a day late is even more boring.

Calling me an idiot is a bit mean though.
      This is general - calling you an merely an idiot isn't really an insult.

Would you prefer cretin?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Trying to remember if this was one of the good Windows versions or one of the crappy ones. Think latter, along with ME, Vista and 8.
        It was a better windoze version.

ME was a chock of tulip. I remember going round to a friend's who had ME and he did a demonstration to a group of us on how bad it was.

A younger family member demonstrated how crap Vista was on his parents' computer, then demanded and got a Mac.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            It was a better windoze version.

ME was a chock of tulip. I remember going round to a friend's who had ME and he did a demonstration to a group of us on how bad it was.

A younger family member demonstrated how crap Vista was on his parents' computer, then demanded and got a Mac.

Comment

I prefer the clippy insult to the ms bob. I think eek has put more work into it. Sorry Greg, but eeks years of photoshopping his mums face on to bikini clad girls is finally paying off.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Meme fail. Clippy wasn't Windows 95, but Office 97.

Comment

Windoze 1.00 was released on 20th November 1985, so there's a while to wait to celebrate 35 years of Windoze crapness.

I have a Windoze 1.01 installation that runs on an Amstrad PPC640 with a hard disk.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 August 2020, 12:45. Reason: 1.01 not 1.00
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The worst thing to happen IT was Windows-NT. The fact of having a Windows interface on a server made IT illiterate middle mangers and CEOs believe that they understood servers and networks because it looked that same as their home PC.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Windoze 1.00 was released on 20th November 1985, so there's a while to wait to celebrate 35 years of Windoze crapness.

I have a Windoze 1.00 installation that runs on an Amstrad PPC640 with a hard disk.
                      Windoze was <and is> a rip off of IBM OS2.

Comment

Working...
                      X