• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson to resign

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    If he does fall on his sword I wonder who'll be foisted on us next?
    Patel, Gove, Grayling, Francois?
    It's Sunak as it won't be anyone else - Gove knows that he won't get it and Patel and co will avoid the hassle.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Head of the exams regulator of Ofqual has resigned.

Ofqual head Sally Collier resigns over exams fiasco | Education | The Guardian
      Last edited by SueEllen; 25 August 2020, 14:37.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        It's Sunak as it won't be anyone else - Gove knows that he won't get it and Patel and co will avoid the hassle.
        Avoid the hassle? You fundamentally understand the politician's mindset. There isnit a single MP who wouldn't give both arms to be PM for one hour as the EUSSR army tanks rolled down Whitehall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          That's not news.

Everyone has been saying that since March due to the number of feck ups he keeps making.
          Everyone's being saying it for years. It didn't stop him becoming foreign secretary (!) and then PM. His behaviour as Brexit PM didn't stop him winning an somewhat historical landslide.

Should he choose to resign, I think it will be because he's knackered. What a time to realise your dream of power!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Everyone's being saying it for years. It didn't stop him becoming foreign secretary (!) and then PM. His behaviour as Brexit PM didn't stop him winning an somewhat historical landslide.

Should he choose to resign, I think it will be because he's knackered. What a time to realise your dream of power!
            He was sacked as shadow Arts Minister, from the Times (both those times for lying) and resigned as Foreign Secretary although 'I believe that was more of a better get going before being sacked again
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm actually inclined to think he's off soon - he isn't enjoying it and he wants to be off before the disaster that are about to unfold, actually start to unfold.

Certain he'll do a Cameron. When the vote doesn't go his way, he'll be for the off. Clearly he's unpopular, at home & abroad.

Speaking to various folks in the biergarten the other night, talking about the UK. We all love it the UK, what the British bring to the world, the cites and history. Had a good chinwag. It is clear a lot of affection exists for the UK, there's no ill will toward the country from afar despite what the Murdoch rags tell you. To most of us outsiders the UK is tearing itself apart from within, and it all began with David, BoJo, & Gove waving populists drivel. Just sad.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I sincerely hope not, he was the man who pressured the PM and every anti-IR35 MP into supporting its introduction for next spring. He's had his arms twisted on every policy to cope with the COVID shutdown and seems mired in nepotism. All he seems to talk about is raising taxes when such a move would cripple next year's feeble economy.

Looks overpromoted and wooden to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                  I sincerely hope not, he was the man who pressured the PM and every anti-IR35 MP into supporting its introduction for next spring.
                  Sounds like progress. Time to put a stop to tax dodging
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It’s like reddit in here. Echo chamber of similar views and constant moaning.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      It’s like reddit in here. Echo chamber of similar views and constant moaning.
                      You know where you can go if you don't like it
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X