• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson to resign

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You know where you can go if you don't like it
    Typical response. Scoots liked your post, that’s a real red flag.

I guess misery likes company.

Comment

So who's going to replace BoJo?
      Any chances new PM could get rid of Sunak?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
        So who's going to replace BoJo?
        Any chances new PM could get rid of Sunak?
        Mumsnet apparently him so he won't be going anywhere for now. I don't think he's stupid enough to take the poisoned chalice just yet though.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I guess misery likes company.
          Get a mirror, you'll never be lonely.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Get a mirror, you'll never be lonely.
            Nice one scoots.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
              I like that he was being compared to a wounded horse. Maybe he'll be put down and turned into Tesco Lasagna
              I've got a humane killer handy if they're short of one.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Certain he'll do a Cameron. When the vote doesn't go his way, he'll be for the off. Clearly he's unpopular, at home & abroad.
                Which vote exactly? Also... never strust a sentence that begins "clearly..." as it is usually wrong or at best, incredibly partisan.

"Everyone said" he was unpopular right until he won a landslide. One way or the other, he's etched his place in history. We all thought Cameron and May would be long remembered in British history, but I doubt they'll be more than footnotes now. Boris is the Brexit PM and the Covid PM.

Still better than Corbyn though. He'd have invited the virus for tea and jam sandwiches to try and make peace.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Which vote exactly? Also... never strust a sentence that begins "clearly..." as it is usually wrong or at best, incredibly partisan.

"Everyone said" he was unpopular right until he won a landslide. One way or the other, he's etched his place in history. We all thought Cameron and May would be long remembered in British history, but I doubt they'll be more than footnotes now. Boris is the Brexit PM and the Covid PM.

Still better than Corbyn though. He'd have invited the virus for tea and jam sandwiches to try and make peace.
                  Never trust a sentence that begins "We all thought..." as it is usually wrong or at best, incredibly partisan.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    Never trust a sentence that begins "We all thought..." as it is usually wrong or at best, incredibly partisan.
                    Never trust a sentence that begins never, as there will clearly be some occasions on which you can trust it.

Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      Um no, that's not what partisan means. I didn't imply anything good or bad about them. As the PMs presiding over Brexit, we DID all think they would be historically notable.
                      Nice try though.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X