• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson to resign

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris Johnson to resign

Well, maybe if you believe Dom Cummings' father in law
    Boris Johnson to resign in 2021, says Dominic Cummings''' father-in-law - Business Insider
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

That's not news.

Everyone has been saying that since March due to the number of feck ups he keeps making.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I like that he was being compared to a wounded horse. Maybe he'll be put down and turned into Tesco Lasagna

Comment

I doubt it.

The phrase 'cold, dead fingers' comes to mind when thinking of Johnson.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I doubt it.

The phrase 'cold, dead fingers' comes to mind when thinking of Johnson.
          I'm actually inclined to think he's off soon - he isn't enjoying it and he wants to be off before the disaster that are about to unfold, actually start to unfold.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I'm actually inclined to think he's off soon - he isn't enjoying it and he wants to be off before the disaster that are about to unfold, actually start to unfold.
            Now that's a possibility. He's lazy (pre covid), he's probably still ill and he hates being unpopular, and it's only going to get worse.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

And I can't see Cummings lasting long if Johnson goes.

Comment

If he does fall on his sword I wonder who'll be foisted on us next?
                Patel, Gove, Grayling, Francois?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                  The whole cabinet could collapse as they were only employed because they supported Johnson and Leave, not because they showed any sort of competence (excluding Sunak, who was brought in by a panicked Johnson and seems to be keeping his head above water).

I suspect that the 1922 Committee would step in and sort the mess out.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                    Do you think the 1922 committee like any of those?

It needs to be someone boring and capable who us the public don't immediately expect.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X