• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"this general bout of self-recrimination and wetness”

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Don't be silly. I know what you're up to.

Why don't you tell us who said or did what that has caused such upset around the Last Night of the Proms. There's a lot of wailing, but what's the actual story?
    Good stuff, much better.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Yet they are managing to have someone sing you will never walk alone and another song.
      Yeah but you need a choir for Land of hope and glory. You don't sing Land of Hope and Glory with a handful of singers, it doesn't make sense.

They've already said it's back next year.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

According to the Express, Johnson said:

I was going to tweet about this. I just want to say and they're trying to restrain me from saying this but if it is correct which I cannot believe it really is.

"If it is correct that the BBC is saying that they will not sing the words of Land of Hope and Glory and Rule, Britannia! as they traditionally do at the end of Last Night of the Proms.

"I think it's time we stopped our cringing embarrassment about our history, about our traditions, about our culture and we stop this general bout of self-recrimination and wetness.

"I wanted to get that off my chest.
        Who was trying to restrain him and how? This seems really sinister, if it is correct which I cannot believe it really is.

Comment

Good stuff, much better.
          Why don't you tell us who said or did what that has caused such upset around the Last Night of the Proms. There's a lot of wailing, but what's the actual story?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Yeah but you need a choir for Land of hope and glory. You don't sing Land of Hope and Glory with a handful of singers, it doesn't make sense.

They've already said it's back next year.
            Of course you can sing it with a singer. Just balls from the bbc to cover up their stupidity.

Comment

Of course you can sing it with a singer. Just balls from the bbc to cover up their stupidity.
              So if they think the words are offensive why are they planning to bring it back next year ?

It doesn't make sense to make a statement about slavery by actually publically saying the reason for not singing it is there is no choir.

If you want to make a "woke" statement then you make a "woke" statement.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Erm ok, linky from the Guardian.
                302 Moved

Comment

The very concept that Bozo is "running a government".
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

There is nothing stopping anyone while watching it to stand, put their hand on their heart and sing the songs...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Erm ok, linky from the Guardian.
                      302 Moved
                      But which bits are causing the distress? The conductor's views? The BBC source? The founder of an orchestra? The music critic?

Comment

Working...
                      X