• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"this general bout of self-recrimination and wetness”

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's a shame you don't want an honest discussion. I'm clearly referencing the distress (fury if you prefer) expressed by those who favour retaining the two songs in the LNOTP.

It's still not clear what is problematic. You haven't said, and you won't say. Be honest, it's just a Jobsworths Cancelling Christmas nonsense.
    Who is distressed?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Who is distressed?
      The people who are furious, as per the Express headline. Hard to be furious without being distressed, unless you want to be very pedantic

Now you tell me, what is the problem?

Comment

The people who are furious, as per the Express headline. Hard to be furious without being distressed, unless you want to be very pedantic

Now you tell me, what is the problem?
        Which express headline, in this thread? If it’s in this thread I’ve missed it but you are best writing into the express to find out why the writer was distressed or even furious.

Comment

Which express headline, in this thread? If it’s in this thread I’ve missed it but you are best writing into the express to find out why the writer was distressed or even furious.
          Re-posted below. Buy you are curiously unwilling or unable to say what the actual problem is.

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Re-posted below. Buy you are curiously unwilling or unable to say what the actual problem is.

You should write to them and ask about their headline. Usually tho the headline writers are not the journalists that write the article. So they come up with clickbait. The express is terrible up there with the guardian. You should write in and express your confusion about why people are furious or distressed.

As for me i believe the bbc over reacted in a woke climate and pulled the song. After the reaction they received then came up with a bunch of excuses.

Comment

As for me i believe the bbc over reacted in a woke climate and pulled the song. After the reaction they received then came up with a bunch of excuses.
                Did they pull the song or were they just discussing it?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I see the problem.

Boris Johnson isn't carrying his kid properly. The straps look very loose on that baby carrier.....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Did they pull the song or were they just discussing it?
                    Pulling the lyrics about slaves. Too sensitive. Not like them protecting Jimmy and the Paedos in the 70s though.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You should write to them and ask about their headline. Usually tho the headline writers are not the journalists that write the article. So they come up with clickbait. The express is terrible up there with the guardian. You should write in and express your confusion about why people are furious or distressed.

So we got there in the end. Anyway, they're playing an instrumental version to an empty audience so anyone who wants to sing along at home can do so. Still unsure what the fuss is about - smacks of right-wing moral outrage to me but live and let live, eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X