• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"this general bout of self-recrimination and wetness”

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    There is nothing stopping anyone while watching it to stand, put their hand on their heart and sing the songs...
    Well, apart from the fact that 99% of the right whingers have never seen, and will never watch, the proms. All of a sudden though, they're upset that something they've never seen is having a song missed off this year. Fookin hilarious,

They'll be upset next that the Macc lads did't sing Buenos Aries at their recent concerts
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      So we got there in the end. Anyway, they're playing an instrumental version to an empty audience so anyone who wants to sing along at home can do so. Still unsure what the fuss is about - smacks of right-wing moral outrage to me but live and let live, eh?
      Tbf Greg its kinda obvious what the issues where. You going on about not understanding this and insisting that i explain why some randoms are furious or whatever was a bit weird.

I assumed you where trolling and not being a bit slow, still assume that as you have given me rep on several occasions for good trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Well, apart from the fact that 99% of the right whingers have never seen, and will never watch, the proms. All of a sudden though, they're upset that something they've never seen is having a song missed off this year. Fookin hilarious,

They'll be upset next that the Macc lads did't sing Buenos Aries at their recent concerts
        I think the only one upset really is you. Big difference from pointing out the bbc handled this badly by being woke and running around insulting people like you.
        Last edited by woohoo; 26 August 2020, 17:26.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The actual story has been missed by the offended right.

Due to Covid, there will not be the usual large crowds at LNOTP.
          So, if the crowds aren't there singing, then the crowds aren't there singing. ....
          That's not the actual story though is it.

The politically correct organiser and/or the BBC used the absence of an audience as a pretext for not including "Rule Britannia" and (I think) Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance at all, even just instrumental versions.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            I think the only one upset really is you. Big difference from pointing out the bbc handled this badly by being woke and running around insulting people like you.
            Who's running around insulting me? Or is it just that someone is insulting people like me?

Pretty sure I'm not upset by this mate. Never seen the proms, have zero interest in it. Couldn't give 2 flyings what they sing.

But I am enjoying that the likes of Ziggy are triggered by a song or 2 being dropped from a concert. It's very funny. Come on, join in the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              That's not the actual story though is it.

The politically correct organiser and/or the BBC used the absence of an audience as a pretext for not including "Rule Britannia" and (I think) Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance at all, even just instrumental versions.
              Who cares? It's a commercial concert. Don't like the songs they'll play? Don't go then. It really is that simple mate.

If you think you can put on a more successful commercial concert then why not give it a go. You get to choose any song you like then fella ..... but be careful that someone somewhere doesn't get triggered by your choices

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                They did !

'Due to popular demand' the Macc Lads, 'The Ultimate Gammons', the 'rudest, crudest, lewdest, drunkest band in Christendom' reformed in 2018 with the original lineup - all lyrics sung and unchanged, no BBC censorship. The 'lads' (grandads) are now 50++ .. the band can claim an impressive 30+ years commercial longevity in the music business.

Here's a bootleg of their 3rd May 2019 Leeds concert ('Buenos Aries' was sung at 1:13:00) filmed almost 30 years after their recording of the legendary 1993 album 'Live at Leeds (The Who?)'.

Buy your 2021 tickets here, venues include Rock City Nottingham ! (curiously no Compton Street, Soho gig venue though ) ..

TICKETS - The Macc Lads

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Tbf Greg its kinda obvious what the issues where. You going on about not understanding this and insisting that i explain why some randoms are furious or whatever was a bit weird.

I assumed you where trolling and not being a bit slow, still assume that as you have given me rep on several occasions for good trolling.
                  I'm afraid you get no rep for good trolling today.

2 out of 10. Sloppy work.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I'm afraid you get no rep for good trolling today.

2 out of 10. Sloppy work.
                    Tiresome Greg. Anyway, let me know how you get on with writing to the express.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                      They did !

'Due to popular demand' the Macc Lads, 'The Ultimate Gammons', the 'rudest, crudest, lewdest, drunkest band in Christendom' reformed in 2018 with the original lineup - all lyrics sung and unchanged, no BBC censorship. The 'lads' (grandads) are now 50++ .. the band can claim an impressive 30+ years commercial longevity in the music business.

Here's a bootleg of their 3rd May 2019 Leeds concert ('Buenos Aries' was sung at 1:13:00) filmed almost 30 years after their recording of the legendary 1993 album 'Live at Leeds (The Who?)'.

Buy your 2021 tickets here, venues include Rock City Nottingham ! (curiously no Compton Street, Soho gig venue though ) ..

TICKETS - The Macc Lads
                      Shhhh .... trust someone to spoil my trolling

I saw them at Bristol in November - reliving my student days Great concert

Comment

Working...
                      X