• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"this general bout of self-recrimination and wetness”

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Sometimes you see somebody on the street and you can tell by their behaviour and demeanour that they probably have mental health problems - you don't need a degree in psychology for that. Sometimes it's the same on the Internet.

Quick answer: no. Longer answer: I don't need to read the Talmud to know that Jews are not '...in it for themselves. If you're a Gentile you're there to be used.'

HTH
    BIDI (due to your delusions which are probably driven by your likely mental health issues)
    In which case any frame of reference you may have is not to be relied upon.

Have a nice day.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      In which case any frame of reference you may have is not to be relied upon.

Have a nice day.
      Your frame of reference is driven by your probable mental health issues, and such frames of reference are notoriously unreliable.

Quick trip to wiki and I see where yo're coming from:

Contemporary accusations[edit]

The Internet is another source of criticism of the Talmud.[134] The Anti-Defamation League's report on this topic states that antisemitic critics of the Talmud frequently use erroneous translations or selective quotations in order to distort the meaning of the Talmud's text, and sometimes fabricate passages. In addition, the attackers rarely provide the full context of the quotations and fail to provide contextual information about the culture that the Talmud was composed in, nearly 2,000 years ago.[136]
      One such example concerns the line: "If a Jew be called upon to explain any part of the rabbinic books, he ought to give only a false explanation. Who ever will violate this order shall be put to death." This is alleged to be a quote from a book titled Libbre David (alternatively Livore David ). No such book exists in the Talmud or elsewhere.[137] The title is assumed to be a corruption of Dibre David, a work published in 1671.[138] Reference to the quote is found in an early Holocaust denial book, The Six Million Reconsidered by William Grimstad.[139]
      Gil Student, Book Editor of the Orthodox Union's Jewish Action magazine, states that many attacks on the Talmud are merely recycling discredited material that originated in the 13th-century disputations, particularly from Raymond Marti and Nicholas Donin, and that the criticisms are based on quotations taken out of context and are sometimes entirely fabricated.[140]
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talmud...ry_accusations
      Last edited by Old Greg; 27 August 2020, 15:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Whorty, where did I mention getting upset about songs not being included in a concert?

Looking through your posts it appears you lost an argument yesterday and then started to deflect using me as your target.

Just because you believe something to be true, that doesn't make it so.
        Did I lose an argument yesterday? Must have missed that one.

You're the 'target' as you started the thread about the Beeb not including the songs, and linking it somehow to lefty luvvies, although how you made that link I have no idea. Not my fault mate that you fall for the stories spouted by the right wing media
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You're the 'target' as you started the thread about the Beeb not including the songs, and linking it somehow to lefty luvvies, although how you made that link I have no idea. Not my fault mate that you fall for the stories spouted by the right wing media
          Maybe he thinks "the Jews" control the BBC and are out to get him. Poor bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Anti Semitism is unacceptable as well. Though its normally popular with the Far Left or Far right.
            FTFY

Let's be clear here, Far Left and Far Right are extremist views and not generally the same as those held by moderates. Both extremes are idiots to be called out when they raise their stupid views.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

FTFY

Let's be clear here, Far Left and Far Right are extremist views and not generally the same as those held by moderates. Both extremes are idiots to be called out when they raise their stupid views.
              So the Labour party are far left? OK Ill remember that.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                So the Labour party are far left? OK Ill remember that.
                The antisemitic elements are - a product of Momentum entryism. Starmer isn't antisemitic.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  The antisemitic elements are - a product of Momentum entryism. Starmer isn't antisemitic.

No but Jezzy and co were.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Wrong. I started a thread about the "Labour Luvvies" on this board failing to have a go at Boris Johnson's reaction to the BBC.

You really must learn to read properly, not just the start, the end and then make tulip up in the middle.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Looks like the story was a complete fabrication by the Murdoch press, probably at the behest of Dominic Cummings for the weekly hate .

Finnish conductor received threats over controversial BBC performance | News Now Finland

Stasevska says she has played no part in deciding the traditional elements of the programme, and has been “wrongly portrayed as a person who tried to influence political debates – this is not true” she states. She is currently the Principal Guest Conductor of the BBC Symphony Orchestra, and will be the Chief Conductor of the Lahti Symphony Orchestra for the 2021-2022 season.
                      The problem is no-one can find anyone who actually contradicts what the BBC said, that they're not singing it because of social distancing.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X