• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any golfers in CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I play off a pretty good handicap and am very active in my local club.

Was supposed to be green side at this year's Masters but Covid ruined that. I believe the event is going ahead next month but whather or not there will be galleries I do not know.

Anyhow, the Masters without azaleas is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post

Was supposed to be green side at this year's Masters but Covid ruined that. I believe the event is going ahead next month but whather or not there will be galleries I do not know.

FOG

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...hlight=azaleas

Comment

Choke on bag of golf balls, gricer.

Comment

weirdo

Comment

weirdo
            Gicer!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Exactly the same as me. Just 3 weeks before lock down my lad took me to the driving range and it was surprisingly good fun even though I only hit like 3 decent shots out of 50. Managed to get two lessons in before lockdown. Mainly to support my lad so he can play with his mates and I was hooked.

During lockdown I bought a hitting tent, load of practice balls, chipping net and plenty of training aids and we've used them throughout the period. Had great fun. It's worked as i can hit most at the driving range which we now go to a few times a week together.

Been a bit of a lifesaver over lock down and some great bonding time with my step lad.

I'm now in the middle of converting my garage in to a simulator. Bought the cheap optishot thing and projector for the wall. Can't wait.

Still using hand me down clubs though. Might be a contractor but I'm too tight to be spending tons on clubs at this stage.
              I've started going to Bowlee near Heaton Park, as well as doing the pitch and putt course in the park. Took the next step up and went to Castle Hawk at Castleton, a lovely par 3 course with some challenging holes. My son is getting to grips with the game too, so at least it's something we can do together when work/shifts/uni permit.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I feel my game is about as complete as it can be when I'm on the golfcourse.

Always had a fairly solid long game - I guess the main improvements I've made recently have been to my putting game by investing in one of these:

Comment

Literally started playing a bit this year - I'm diabolically awful and don't get out as much as I could, but I've had a few lessons and I am enjoying

Comment

A word of warning about joining a club vs using the municipal course.

Obviously at a private members club, the facilities are a cut above and the social life is great. It all comes at a cost though because memberships aren't cheap - I'm paying £3k pa for mine.

Which makes it all the more galling when you find out that, on one of the biggest golfing weekends of the year, no play is possible because the club is hosting a tounament.

I'm sure the clubhouse will be full of a lot of disgruntled members kicking the walls this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      I've started going to Bowlee near Heaton Park, as well as doing the pitch and putt course in the park. Took the next step up and went to Castle Hawk at Castleton, a lovely par 3 course with some challenging holes. My son is getting to grips with the game too, so at least it's something we can do together when work/shifts/uni permit.
                      I used to knock a few out at the driving range at Bowlee. Not been for a while.

Oi, LM!!! Have you played "Stand Golf Glub" in Whitefield? There's a reason why there's a Mountain Goat on its badge!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X