• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any golfers in CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Tenner for 9 holes or 15 for 18 is pretty good value (weekend rates).
    There's a club in Bangkok that has a similar offer.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      There's a club in Bangkok that has a similar offer.
      Returns your balls to you everytime you get one in the hole as well.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Also been playing for years. Got down to 20 at one stage but now off 25. Really enjoy the game and having a bit of a laugh with my playing partners. Belong to a club in Kent. Its expensive but well worth it as I usually play at least twice a week.
        We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

I've only ever played Crazy Golf, and even that was badly.

I have enjoyed using my right to roam to stroll across a few fairways though

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

So have others...

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I used to play a lot before the arthritis and other gremlins took hold.
              Managed to get down to a handicap of 12.
              Good times
              Great for networking and business contacts too
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Play a fair bit now and enjoying it, playing a comp tomorrow morn.

Im not a natural at this game, which is part of the fun, its a real challenge.

There are some great deals on at the moment to join private clubs, quite a few are really struggling. I joined on a 3 year contract and saved around 1k a year.

Guy that did my windows usually plays abroad with his pals for fun. Last year he went to turkey, 5 star, driven out to course, driven back to the hotel, food and drinks provided for about 800 quid. 5 days i think. Cant think of a better excuse to get away with your mates.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I used to walk the dogs at dunham golf course, first thing in the morning. Got to know the grounds staff as one of them had his dog with him. More than happy for us to enjoy the course and its views as long as we raked the bunkers after the dogs ?.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Might be a contractor but I'm too tight to be spending tons on clubs at this stage.
                    A pro told me to buy up to the the price point that made my shots better... any more was a waste (he wasn't on commission!) and it helped stay sensible... I cold hit just as badly with a £130 set as the £600 go faster set in the pro shop!

M

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                      A pro told me to buy up to the the price point that made my shots better... any more was a waste (he wasn't on commission!) and it helped stay sensible... I cold hit just as badly with a £130 set as the £600 go faster set in the pro shop!

M
                      Very true but still worth getting your clubs fitted.

Comment

Working...
                      X