• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

White silence is violence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I feel a little sorry for you if you believe that there is objectively a narrative in news reporting in the media that "white man = bad". I am a white man and I've not picked that up, and I'm a regular reader of liberal news sites. So I'm denying what you say is undeniable. If you think it is an objective truth that the media narrative for news reportage is "white man = bad", you should have no problem in demonstrating it.

However, my money is on you having a victim complex. Ironic, eh?
    Here are the homepages of MSNBC, CNN, and BBC.

I circled all the black victims, but you can also see there are at least 10 stories about bad white people. Show me the positive stories about white people on the front pages and show me the negative stories about black people on the front pages of these sites... It should be just as easy for you to demonstrate as it was for me to.

Like I said I'm not even necessarily denying that white people are bad people and maybe us white people are responsible for the past sins of our race (not necessarily our ancestors as many of us have ancestors who were peasants or slaves) I'm not really interested in having that debate but I would at least entertain that idea. I'm just saying the white man bad, black man victim narrative objectively exists right now in the media.

Comment

What you got there is two stories on the BBC about two items concerning black people. One story on CNN about "Protesters push for justice in march on Washington" and underneath related stories. Similarly one story on msnbc, with two related stories underneath.

So, it total - one story on CNN, one on MSNBC and two on the BCC.

Since the "news" is usually bad, and black people are a minority, is it any wonder there are more stories about whites that blacks? Forgive me if I think you're a paranoid delusional moron. Well done! To help you lower your blood pressure, here's some advice from a calm man.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Sad story in second para. What was the poor kid's name?
        2020-08-14 A 25-year-old man has been charged in the shooting death of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
        X