• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bike rage....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike rage....

Goodness me - had a nice cycle around the lanes - coming back on the left side of the lane this daft woman heading into my direction does not move over - There were a couple of teenagers coming the other direction also correctly using their left of the lane so I could not move to the right - she had to just move a foot over as she was pretty much in the middle. How we did not collide I’ve no idea rather non socially distant, but I did use my bell to warn and I was slow - I’m a middle aged fat bloke on an old bike after all. She had the cheek to say arsehole! I mean if an insult is due make it a good one..... I did turnaround and challenge her for her lack of road sense - apparently she could telepathically see the teenagers from behind her and was still shouting and yelling in front of the bemused teenagers. I need a cycle ride to cool off from my cool off ride!

I think that if the pedestrian is already on the street it's common fault / mostly yours. I'd make sure that my bike is in working order & always be alert.
    I think that if you hit a pedestrian and you did not attempt to stop, it could be worse also.
    Bikes are not what people are tempted to think.

similar situation

Comment

typical cyclist tosser.
      you're lucky it wasn't me.

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
        typical cyclist tosser.
        you're lucky it wasn't me.
        Ooh, you're well 'ard

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Goodness me - had a nice cycle around the lanes - coming back on the left side of the lane this daft woman heading into my direction does not move over - There were a couple of teenagers coming the other direction also correctly using their left of the lane so I could not move to the right - she had to just move a foot over as she was pretty much in the middle. How we did not collide I’ve no idea rather non socially distant, but I did use my bell to warn and I was slow - I’m a middle aged fat bloke on an old bike after all. She had the cheek to say arsehole! I mean if an insult is due make it a good one..... I did turnaround and challenge her for her lack of road sense - apparently she could telepathically see the teenagers from behind her and was still shouting and yelling in front of the bemused teenagers. I need a cycle ride to cool off from my cool off ride!
          Don't you have brakes on your vehicle? If you can't stop in the length of the visible road/pavement/whatever then you are going too fast. The same is true for cars, motorcycles, bicycles even scooters.

Share the space, be a good neighbour and stop being an entitled twunt.
          Last edited by RasputinDude; 26 August 2020, 18:10. Reason: clearly I can't spell english any more

Comment

Wouldn't wish to tar all cyclists with the same brush but the Sunday morning pelotons that I encounter on the roads around here are absolute pests.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Ooh, you're well 'ard
              Not as 'ard as a mod.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X