• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom - Mat Hancock is a f***wit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom - Mat Hancock is a f***wit

Matt Hancock misses the 'WFH' memo! Health Secretary has 'no idea' where staff are working | Daily Mail Online

Matt Hancock veered wildly off-message today by admitting he had 'absolutely no idea' how many of his staff were still working from home and was more interested in 'how effectively people work'.

The Health Secretary's comments came amid a massive push by Boris Johnson's Government and business leaders to breathe life into the UK's high streets by refilling the nation's workplaces.

He remarks about Department of Health workers came as CBI chief Dame Carolyn Fairbairn warned commercial centres risk being permanent 'ghost towns'.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

How so? I CBA to read the article so I'm taking the thread title and your quote.

How is he a f***wit if he thinks output is better than presenteeism? He's off message but I care less about that than being a sensible manager.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      How so? I CBA to read the article so I'm taking the thread title and your quote.

How is he a f***wit if he thinks output is better than presenteeism? He's off message but I care less about that than being a sensible manager.
      I'd rather have someone prepared to go "off-message" in charge, especially when the last message was 'stay at home' and everything since has been contradictory in one way or another. SueEllen thinks everyone in govt is a f**kwit, regardless. Still, the pubs should be open soon, that should cheer her up a bit...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

He is an idiot but not because of this particular comment.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
          He is an idiot but not because of this particular comment.
          Now that I completely understand.

Comment

I thought they'd dropped the WFH message in favour of "work safely" a few weeks back anyway.

I quite like MH, I mean he is absolutely lacking in the merest crumb of charisma but I don't really want ministers skilled in media razzle-dazzle.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              I'd rather have someone prepared to go "off-message" in charge, especially when the last message was 'stay at home' and everything since has been contradictory in one way or another. SueEllen thinks everyone in govt is a f**kwit, regardless. Still, the pubs should be open soon, that should cheer her up a bit...
              Hard to argue against SueEllen on that point
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I thought they'd dropped the WFH message in favour of "work safely" a few weeks back anyway.

I quite like MH, I mean he is absolutely lacking in the merest crumb of charisma but I don't really want ministers skilled in media razzle-dazzle.
                What do you like that he has done? Just curious, maybe i genuinely missed something but seems like he has mishandled a lot during this whole situation.

Comment

Wasn't it actually 'Stay Alert'?
                  Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

He should be leading by example...

Originally posted by Grant "also a ****wit' Shapps View Post
                    What we’re saying to people is it is now safe to go back to work and your employer should have made arrangements which are appropriate to make sure that it is coronavirus-safe to work and you will see some changes if you haven’t been in for a bit as a result.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X