• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extinction Rebellion Are Back!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Stop bullying vetran. Its reminiscent of the NAZI rise to power.
    I'd bully OG, but he just doesn't react. So what's the point?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I'd bully OG, but he just doesn't react. So what's the point?
      Bullying vetran has made you lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Oh, they're marxists. I should support them then.

Hey its what we all expect from the feeble minded
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just been out with some neighbours cleaning up the street after XR came through. We removed all the posters cleaned up most of the graffiti but some paint has soaked into the bricks, front doors damaged and to shops and doors to flats above. Traffic signs were covered with sticky paste and posters. Only if I knew where the organisers live...
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Just been out with some neighbours cleaning up the street after XR came through. We removed all the posters cleaned up most of the graffiti but some paint has soaked into the bricks, front doors damaged and to shops and doors to flats above. Traffic signs were covered with sticky paste and posters. Only if I knew where the organisers live...
            Not very environmentally friendly to leave all that rubbish behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              I may be reading you guys wrong, but I get the feeling there are a few fans of the XR movement on here. You might want to donate to the cause so this page might be of interest

Donate for Life - Extinction Rebellion UK

What I do find 'funny' is we know that climate change is happening as we're seeing it ourselves each year. It will be our kids, and their kids who will suffer worse, and yet many who have procreated don't seem to care. Very strange.

I'm a bit meh ... I haven't bred so my perfect genes die with me. I'd have thought those that have bred might be a smidge more concerned how their kids and grandkids might suffer though
              The response to Covid-19 is the response to climate change in a microcosym. Deny it , or more brutally - ignore it, while it kills people in "far away lands". Ignore all the warnings, then when it hits you, get hit hard and realise that the world economy can't help you.

Comment

Why won't they glue themselves to some satellite rocket without anybody noticing?

Comment

Are XR led by the same people at the top of BLM, they seem to share similar extreme anti-capitalist views?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Are XR led by the same people at the top of BLM, they seem to share similar extreme anti-capitalist views?
                    Yes - George Soros just appoints the leaders of each movement from a pool.

Comment

The problem with making climate change the big bag environmental issue to get behind is that it's a global problem. It's also not tangible in any way. You can't feel or see climate change. It's an invisible enemy. Its not a local or national environmental issue. UK could literally stop producing or using carbon tomorrow and it wouldn't change a thing. Global environmental measures always get watered down to get enough countries to agree to them that they will at best delay the issue a few years.

I would rather environmental groups take a more local approach. Get people caring about local environmental issues, ones they can actually fix and see a tangible result. The air quality in the major cities here are some of the worst in the world. There are plenty of other environmental issues that exist in local ecosystem that can be tackled and that impact quality of life locally.

When you start getting these more tangible results you will get more buy in from general public and you will get a more environmentally more aware society and should result in government with strong environmental policies. Hopefully that can spark similar movements elsewhere and then we can maybe get enough momentum to tackle global climate change.

Does anyone really think that protests are going to be able to get people to stop consuming carbon or even get the government to implement any new policies when over half the people in this country don't even ******* recycle (something that takes very minimal additional time and costs virtually nothing)

Comment

Working...
                      X