• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extinction Rebellion Are Back!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    The problem with making climate change the big bag environmental issue to get behind is that it's a global problem. It's also not tangible in any way. You can't feel or see climate change. It's an invisible enemy.
    If it couldn't be felt or seen, people wouldn't be making it into such a big deal. Of course we are told there is a pretty long lag, presumably a few decades, so people ARE being asked to act now on the basis of changes they won't see.

Does anyone really think that protests are going to be able to get people to stop consuming carbon or even get the government to implement any new policies when over half the people in this country don't even ******* recycle (something that takes very minimal additional time and costs virtually nothing)
    Maybe. In only a very few years public opinion has changed MASSIVELY on plastic. If climate change becomes genuinely a mainstream hot topic in the same way, then governments may be pressured. We might ask does anyone really think protests are going to have any effect on racism... probably better to have the protests and see than not bother.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      If it couldn't be felt or seen, people wouldn't be making it into such a big deal. Of course we are told there is a pretty long lag, presumably a few decades, so people ARE being asked to act now on the basis of changes they won't see.

Maybe. In only a very few years public opinion has changed MASSIVELY on plastic. If climate change becomes genuinely a mainstream hot topic in the same way, then governments may be pressured. We might ask does anyone really think protests are going to have any effect on racism... probably better to have the protests and see than not bother.
      Maybe, maybe not.... hopefully opinion is changing.

Don't get me started on packaging social justice with environmental issues. 80% of the communication from the green party is about social justice and other nonsense. and only about 20% is actually about the environment.

We don't need to destroy the economy and support marxist organisations to fix the environment. We just need to make some regulatory changes and let the private sector handle the rest.

Comment

Don't get me started on packaging social justice with environmental issues. 80% of the communication from the green party is about social justice and other nonsense. and only about 20% is actually about the environment.

We don't need to destroy the economy and support marxist organisations to fix the environment. We just need to make some regulatory changes and let the private sector handle the rest.
        Tell me you don't think the Green Party is a Marxist organisation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Yes - George Soros just appoints the leaders of each movement from a pool.

You been reading the same comments pages as me?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

A political party needs to have views on more than just one topic.

Interesting you view social justice as 'nonsense'.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              A political party needs to have views on more than just one topic.

Interesting you view social justice as 'nonsense'.
              It's nonsense until it affects you personally. This is what people are now finding out about the benefit changes due to the fall out from Covid-19.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X