• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24% corporation tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    My problem is I didn't gain from any handouts, furlough, eat out thing, or anything. So why am I paying my bit?

That said tax rises were inevitable and someone will complain whatever they do.
    That's a long way down the list of your problems.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      My problem is I didn't gain from any handouts, furlough, eat out thing, or anything. So why am I paying my bit?.
      Why do I have to pay towards the education system when I have no kids? Sounds like you weren't adversely affected by CV and now you're complaining... maybe you should've eaten out more
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Now they want to put 5p per litre on fuel.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          They need to tax packaging. That will get something back from the Amazon and ASOS type online retailers.
          Than packaging will be a chargeable add on.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

4 day working week, blackouts, strikes...and a tulip press

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Who do you think was going to pay for COVID? That bail out didn't come for free from the great sky fairy.

It was inevitable that taxes would have to rise to cover the borrowing. It's what taxes and how that I'm most interested in as HMG won't want to upset their donors, or potential trade partners, or anyone who squeals "I'm taking my company offshore!" or such like.
              I'm sure those struggling on minimum wage or no job at all will have a great deal of sympathy for you.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                I'm sure those struggling on minimum wage or no job at all will have a great deal of sympathy for you.
                I wasn't asking for sympathy. I'm fully expecting that the taxes I pay will increase to pay for the support given.

My salient point was my interest in which taxes will be changed, not because I want to avoid paying my share but because HMG/HMRC have form in going for low hanging fruit that disproportionately impacts those that can least afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I think a 4 day week would be very civilised, but not great for those who need to work every hour they can.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I think a 4 day week would be very civilised, but not great for those who need to work every hour they can.
                      Correct - perhaps there should be tax breaks to make it a better incentive?
                      The harder part might be to convince firms to adopt it.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X