• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24% corporation tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24% corporation tax

Looks like we’re paying for covid [emoji45]

Furious business chiefs and MPs slam Rishi Sunak's £30billion tax raid
    Furious business chiefs and MPs slam Rishi Sunak's GBP30billion tax raid | Daily Mail Online

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Originally posted by pjt View Post
    Looks like we’re paying for covid [emoji45]

Furious business chiefs and MPs slam Rishi Sunak's £30billion tax raid
    Furious business chiefs and MPs slam Rishi Sunak's GBP30billion tax raid | Daily Mail Online

No problem, it's good for the country. Please pay more.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Who do you think was going to pay for COVID? That bail out didn't come for free from the great sky fairy.

It was inevitable that taxes would have to rise to cover the borrowing. It's what taxes and how that I'm most interested in as HMG won't want to upset their donors, or potential trade partners, or anyone who squeals "I'm taking my company offshore!" or such like.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Who do you think was going to pay for COVID? That bail out didn't come for free from the great sky fairy.

It was inevitable that taxes would have to rise to cover the borrowing. It's what taxes and how that I'm most interested in as HMG won't want to upset their donors, or potential trade partners, or anyone who squeals "I'm taking my company offshore!" or such like.
        5% is a pretty big jump!

Comment

5% is a pretty big jump!
          You ain't seen nothing yet.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The government is trying out all their proposed policies in the press to see which ones get less push back.

They will calculate raising corp tax by 1% is safer. As some businesses e.g. retailers are suffering due to business rates.

They will probably invent a new tax as well on income. Plus do something with council tax.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It could be worse they could make dividend tax the same as income tax

5% is a pretty big jump!
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                It could be worse they could make dividend tax the same as income tax
                They will be to ensure all loopholes are closed.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

it's only fair. I am paying 43% tax under umbrella. 24% is a bargain comapred to that.
                  pay your bit.
                  Last edited by Andy2; 30 August 2020, 18:08.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    The government is trying out all their proposed policies in the press to see which ones get less push back.
                    Absolutely this.

It's as though some of you were born yesterday.

This is straight out of the Treasury's kite flying playbook.

Some taxes will rise by some amount, particularly from 2022 onwards. But CT won't rise by 5% next April. We'll still be in the middle of this in November and such rises would sap business confidence at exactly the wrong moment.

Comment

Working...
                    X