• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After retirement...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What, like eat a pound of Ex-Lax?
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Bowels or other things?
    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Life does not begin at 40, it begins to go downhill fast after 40

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        GJABS! how the devil are you? Haven't seen you round these parts for a while

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Mate, I'm mid 30's, reasonably fit (A few years ago I ran several 10 mile cross country races with 15kg of weight) but I've been doing a lot of reasonably heavy DIY and it absolutely kills me. I think it's just different muscles - I spent Saturday grinding down a floor, so all day kneeling and I was wrecked. Bricklaying in particular was hard graft!

I wouldn't worry so much
          Definitely different muscles. I'm older that vwdan, but also reasonably fit. Pre-lockdown, I'd play 5/7 a-side football 2-3 times a week with no issues. During lockdown, I've swapped to running, averaging 35-40 miles per week, again with no tired legs. On Sunday, I had my first game of football since March and I'm still walking like a cowboy who has been on a horse for 6 months!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            I spent Saturday grinding, so all day kneeling and I was wrecked
            I hear from some people on this forum you get used to it with practice.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Once Google Ads gets to know your age you will be bombarded with funeral plan Ads, Lifetime remortgages and care home Ads.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Once Google Ads gets to know your age you will be bombarded with funeral plan Ads, Lifetime remortgages and care home Ads.
                ^^^This.

Though I had an advert for something to do with the menopause the other day on FB where my age is 30 years less than reality.

Dunno how they got the gender wrong though.

Don't recall an ad for erectile disfunction.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  ^^^This.

Though I had an advert for something to do with the menopause the other day on FB where my age is 30 years less than reality.

Dunno how they got the gender wrong though.

Don't recall an ad for erectile disfunction.
                  Did you have to fake a parent/guardian approval when you created your account?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                    Definitely different muscles. I'm older that vwdan, but also reasonably fit. Pre-lockdown, I'd play 5/7 a-side football 2-3 times a week with no issues. During lockdown, I've swapped to running, averaging 35-40 miles per week, again with no tired legs. On Sunday, I had my first game of football since March and I'm still walking like a cowboy who has been on a horse for 6 months!
                    Not so much different muscles as different use. Running is long steady state effort and uses slow twitch fibres in the muscles, football is a lot of short sharp accelerations and hard sprinting that uses fast twitch fibres. A sudden switch from oner to the other will have the effect you described. It's not that you aren't fit, you've just lost some fast twitch strength in favour of slow twitch endurance and now you are feeling it.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I hear from some people on this forum you get used to it with practice.

NLyUK doesn't count!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X