• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society August 2020 House Price Index

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    The last 15 years were not representative of a healthy economy. We know this. Since 2007 there's been nothing to suggest the economy was healthy. Low interest rates and endless money printing propped up asset prices again and again. On top of that credit was flowing like water. Is that still the case? Have none experienced some resistance already when trying to borrow?

Perhaps this time it is different. Nonetheless, I do believe interest rates will rise again.

From 89 to 94 prices collapsed 35%

But this time it is different. So what, up 60% in 15 short years, just like my salary - it's all win.

Notice how price have only gone up since we joined the EU. Interesting...

Fantastic graph with the y axis labelled with both $ and GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Fantastic graph with the y axis labelled with both $ and GBP.

From RICS website n all.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

From RICS website n all.
        You naturally gravitated towards the one they'd screwed up.

Comment

They didn't screw it up - they just got it negatively correct.

Comment

Hey, don't knock that graph, it shows how much of a property investment genius I am. In 1994 I thought, yep, next year will be the time to jump on the market. Bought my first flat in 1995 and haven't looked back since. Every purchase and sale I've done since then has been at a profit

If only I'd drawn a graph back then eh?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'm not saying everyone else is an idiot. Where do I say that? Find that post..

I'm saying the herd gets it wrong. Period. If the herd got it right every time we'd all be rich. That's not the world we live in.
              We are much richer on average than we used to be. That is the world we live in, that our poor (in devloped nations) are better off than the poor used to be.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                We are much richer on average than we used to be. That is the world we live in, that our poor (in devloped nations) are better off than the poor used to be.
                Scooty doesn't understand that we in the UK are, relatively, rich compared to the majority of the 7bn world population. Even our 'poor' are significantly better off than the majority of the world.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Scooty doesn't understand that we in the UK are, relatively, rich compared to the majority of the 7bn world population. Even our 'poor' are significantly better off than the majority of the world.
                  There are children in the UK that go to school without Breakfast and malnourished. It is a shameful state of affairs for a 1st world country. Yet we're spending billions on absolute sheet. Grew up in a poor household, the arguments, the shouting, always about money. Moved out the minute time and law would allow. That's no start to have.

"Nearly 1 in 4 children in Scotland (24%) were in relative poverty after housing costs in 2017/18. ... 1 in 6 children (17%) in Scotland were in persistent poverty during 2013–2017. This means they were living in poverty for at least three out of four years."

And this is during the good years. Can you imagine the coming years following everything that is happening now? Now is the moment to act.

I see how I do this year, into the next... I'm planning to set up a charity in Scotland, make fruits available in schools for all who want them once a week. Reckon it'll cost a few million a year, but money well spent.

I got the idea from my time living Norway, Children entering school in the morning can collect an apple / banana whichever in the morning on their way in.

source: http://www.healthscotland.scot/media...and-trends.pdf
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

' Reckon it'll cost a few million a year'

Aye, - right.

Comment

1 in 5 children in Germany grow up in poverty | News | DW | 22.07.2020

Comment

Working...
                      X