• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How are people on the bench finding the market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Companies won’t be hiring old people over 40 (if a fatty or bald forget it also) - risk to them is to big if you snuff it from Covid 19

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Well, I'm over 50 and have had coronavirus so I'm kinda hoping it's a case of I'm Alright Jack because , despite the fearmingering, there's a good chance that having had it does confer a degree of immunity.

So bring on the immunity passports - Key West here I come :-)

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Not quite. I don't smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Rubbish.

A contractor is there to do a job for a period. Most clients have no care how old a contractor is so long as they have the right skills and at the right price.
        That has been my experiance also
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Benched for over 4 months and counting

Sorry hate to go straight in with such a negative statement but as they say you can't polish a turd, it's dire out there.

Until offices start to open up it's going to be the same story. The whole thing is a giant cluster fck managed by some inexperienced, etonian, exbankers whose sole purpose is to strip the country bare not serve it.

Bare Rishi Sunak an average multi millionaire who is an average MP made to look high profile theirs not a lot we can do except keep trying and watch the horror show unfold slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
            Sorry hate to go straight in with such a negative statement but as they say you can't polish a turd,
            That's all Owly needs to hear, you heartless bastard.

Comment

Working...
            X