• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fibre Broadband renewal options

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibre Broadband renewal options

My BT fibre 1 (67Mb) broadband is up for renewal soon. Renewal price is jumping up by from £32 to £40. safe to assume that the line rental (on a landline not connected to a physical phone in 8 years) is extra ... though not sure. It is important to also admit that I have never had a problem with the line/service in 10yrs. I don't think I have noticed any throttling in their service either.

Looks like there are other players on the market looking at comparison sites. Plusnet & EE are offering £27 with a few other companies just slightly higher.

Any advice on the 2 mentioned providers that I should be aware of?. Will broadband reliability be the same considering its just a change in provider?

Thanks

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    My BT fibre 1 (67Mb) broadband is up for renewal soon. Renewal price is jumping up by from £32 to £40. safe to assume that the line rental (on a landline not connected to a physical phone in 8 years) is extra ... though not sure. It is important to also admit that I have never had a problem with the line/service in 10yrs. I don't think I have noticed any throttling in their service either.

Looks like there are other players on the market looking at comparison sites. Plusnet & EE are offering £27 with a few other companies just slightly higher.

Any advice on the 2 mentioned providers that I should be aware of?. Will broadband reliability be the same considering its just a change in provider?

Thanks
    They are both part of BT - beyond that they offer UK call centres...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks
      Generally fibre is only as far as the distribution box, from then onward it is copper. In central London BT is digging up streets to put fibre direct into homes. There ate plans to do this other places in the UK. I suggest contacting BT and asking them as in may well be worth sticking with BT.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If you rely on your broadband I would be wary, generally you get what you pay for. BT might not necessarily be the best but problems get sorted out. That will be more difficult with a budget provider.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Thanks
          I'm with EE, no problems when I've had to ring them and I get additional data boost on my mobile phone contract. EE now also give you a £2 a month discount if you don't want a landline phone number
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            If you rely on your broadband I would be wary, generally you get what you pay for. BT might not necessarily be the best but problems get sorted out. That will be more difficult with a budget provider.
            Is it? Aren't they all using the same lines? What's the difference besides who picks up the phone and what name is on your bill? I could be mistaken but that was my impression. If there is an issue your provider probably isn't fixing it anyway. They might call and report it but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Which is why we are talking about the 2 other brands BT use which all now end up in the same call centres....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Which is why we are talking about the 2 other brands BT use which all now end up in the same call centres....
                That seems OK, my mother recently switched from BT and almost immediately the poor customer service became an annoying issue, however it does look like from the comments that this isn't an issue with these providers.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

I've been with BT for over three years, and I've never needed to call them.
                  Reset the router a few times during thunderstorms etc, but that's it.

Comment

Plusnets customer service is well regarded.

EE not so much but they are now under the BT umbrella so will have improved.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X