• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tony Abbott appointed as Trade Adviser

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Abbott appointed as Trade Adviser

Australian Car Manufacturing

I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

#ukfailingstate

Comment

If you wish to know what really happened to the Australian Motor Industry then I suggest you hunt down "John Cadogan" on YouTube.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Nah.

More like

MAD MAX THE V8 INTERCEPTOR - YouTube
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Your point being? If it's about Britain not having any trade experts, that really is down to the EU controlling all trade matters for the last 47 years. So we hire an Aussie, seems perfectly sensible to me.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Your point being? If it's about Britain not having any trade experts, that really is down to the EU controlling all trade matters for the last 47 years. So we hire an Aussie, seems perfectly sensible to me.
            But Tony Abbott is not a trade expert. The only trade deal he signed was negotiated and agreed by others and before he was PM.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

An Aussie who also has no experience in trade matters...Mind you, he is only an advisor along with these experts:

Other advisers to the Board of Trade will include former Labour health secretary Patricia Hewitt, ex-Conservative Member of the European Parliament Daniel Hannan and economist and broadcaster Linda Yueh.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Looks like there was a screw up. They were after Diane!

Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Some EU countries are net exporters. Germany and Ireland are two examples. You need to stop blaming others for British failings. Otherwise how will you ever learn?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Looks like there was a screw up. They were after Diane!

I think it's next door to Elbonia.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X