• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extinction Rebelling Blocking Murdoch Press

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we can clear this up now.

This was a totalitarian restriction of the freedom of the press, but only in a a very specific and limited way.

So that's OK!

Comment

All seem to have disappeared, presumably now waiting for their court cases and paying fines before venturing out again.

The key seems to be to leave them for months to wait for their court case to come up and give them vague threats of huge fines.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I think we can clear this up now.

This was a totalitarian restriction of the freedom of the press, but only in a a very specific and limited way.

So that's OK!
        It failed as other newspaper groups including those that have leftie titles e.g. The Mirror started print runs for them so they could get some papers out.

What protesters don't realise is journalists are protective of their own if they are proper journalists and not the likes of Farrage.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          - The newspapers that were blocked were Murdoch-owned News Corp’s titles, including the Sun, Times, Sun on Sunday and Sunday Times, as well as the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph, the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, and the London Evening Standard. All Tory supporting titles...
          The Times might be Tory supporting, but definitely not the current shower supporting. Despite their attempts to ingratiate themselves.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Following BJ's embarrassing performance at PMQ's today I think we should use the correct terminology:

Crusty Left Wing Anarchists.

Regardless of one's politics the weekly spectacle of a QC dismantling Boris by asking the same question repeatedly until all Boris' canned responses are exhausted is fascinating to watch. Enjoyable.
            Last edited by clearedforlanding; 9 September 2020, 17:05. Reason: wo5rds

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              Following BJ's embarrassing performance at PMQ's today I think we should use the correct terminology:

Crusty Left Wing Anarchists.

Regardless of one's politics the weekly dismantling of a QC dismantling Boris by asking the same question repeatedly until all Boris' canned responses are exhausted is fascinating to watch. Enjoyable.
              A certain Ms Patel is inventing ways to arrest those Crusty Left Wing Anarchists. They don't help themselves though Climate protesters 'arrested at entrance to parliament' before PMQs | Metro News
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X