• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extinction Rebelling Blocking Murdoch Press

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extinction Rebelling Blocking Murdoch Press

http://BBC News - Newspapers delayed...gland-54038591

Extinction Rebellion (XR) activists have delayed the distribution of several national newspapers after blocking access to three printing presses owned by Rupert Murdoch.

More than 100 protesters targeted Newsprinters presses at Broxbourne in Hertfordshire, Knowsley in Merseyside, and near Motherwell, North Lanarkshire.

Newsagents said some of the papers - which XR accuse of failing to report on climate change - have arrived late.

Edit:- Ha! ha! ha!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Boohoo. Poor Murdoch and his propaganda press.

There was an interesting 3 part documentary about him on BBC4 recently.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Boohoo. Poor Murdoch and his propaganda press.

There was an interesting 3 part documentary about him on BBC4 recently.
      Oh yeah and James Murdoch resigned from New Corp last month- News Corp: Rupert Murdoch's son James quits company - BBC News
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Oh yeah and James Murdoch resigned from New Corp last month- News Corp: Rupert Murdoch's son James quits company - BBC News
        Yep. At least one of the kids has developed some sense.

Comment

When the editors have enough courage to tell Murdoch to piss off, the Times is not a bad paper. The current guy though...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was working at at Sky in Osterley when Murdoch paid a visit to the site. You would have thought it was the Second coming, given the reactions (and desk decorations...) of the staff.

Biggest giggle I'd had in ages. Although the whole gig was something of a comedy of errors...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              http://BBC News - Newspapers delayed...gland-54038591

Extinction Rebellion (XR) activists have delayed the distribution of several national newspapers after blocking access to three printing presses owned by Rupert Murdoch.

More than 100 protesters targeted Newsprinters presses at Broxbourne in Hertfordshire, Knowsley in Merseyside, and near Motherwell, North Lanarkshire.

Newsagents said some of the papers - which XR accuse of failing to report on climate change - have arrived late.

Edit:- Ha! ha! ha!
              I'm happy for you. Not. I had to make an unnecessary car journey to buy my copy* this morning, along with probably countless others, so the eco-twats haven't really thought this through. I'd be cheered up though, if they were all eaten by polar bears.

*Minus the mid-sections and the mag, which apparently had a fine selection of vegan recipes. I don't think the illiterati get irony, sadly.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                I'd be cheered up though, if they were all eaten by polar bears.
                I'd drink to that.

Especially if we'd forgotten to tell 'em how the safety works on the Mauser.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TBF, extinction rebellion does make a good case for human extinction.

Comment

But no one is complaining here about these twats blocking roads...Far-right clash with police and block A20 in protests against refugees | The New European

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X