• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We know where you live

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    if they know where they live why don't they charge them with tax evasion

because they are making tulip up. If they knew where tax evaders lived they would have dots on Monaco & BVI.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Most cabbies seem to live in Kent or Essex. Try going from East to West late at night and they all get annoyed as they want fares that take them closer to home.
      Lived in Chafford 100 when the wife and I headed back south in late 90's. Loads of cabbies there. Late at night if we wanted a 'cheap' cab ride we'd walk along the taxi rank at Liverpool Street and call out we were looking for a ride to Chafford. Last ride of the night there were always a few willing to offer

Moved from there to SE London and couldn't get a cab for love nor money, until the crash of 2008 and then suddenly cabbies would take us home. They'd complain the whole way, but at least they took us
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Lived in Chafford 100 when the wife and I headed back south in late 90's. Loads of cabbies there. Late at night if we wanted a 'cheap' cab ride we'd walk along the taxi rank at Liverpool Street and call out we were looking for a ride to Chafford. Last ride of the night there were always a few willing to offer

Moved from there to SE London and couldn't get a cab for love nor money, until the crash of 2008 and then suddenly cabbies would take us home. They'd complain the whole way, but at least they took us

Imagine people not wanting to take you home

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          because they are making tulip up. If they knew where tax evaders lived they would have dots on Monaco & BVI.
          That's just my correspondence address...

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            Go on Aberdeen! Come on you reds!
            Oil industry contractors?

Comment

Imagine people not wanting to take you home
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

[PEDANTIC MODE ON] If they lived there, they wouldn't be tax evaders. They'd be tax payers at a very much reduced rate. [PEDANTIC MODE ALWAYS ON]
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Imagine during lockdown there were so few punters some actually became supermarket delivery drivers....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Imagine during lockdown there were so few punters some actually became supermarket delivery drivers....
                    Maybe they saw that as a step up rather than driving warty!

Comment

Working...
                    X