• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Central London rental market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    why is that? surely in a recession people want to lower their expenses.
    Renting possibly, if you are buying suddenly that 1/2 bedroom flat may just about be affordable....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

32% is a huge discount but yeah the prices have gone down a lot.

I am renting in central london and our lease was up and I asked for a reduction, they said no so I went and looked at whats out there. I was able to get a 2 bedroom place thats almost twice as big in a slightly better area for same amount of money as I was paying for my 1 bed.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
        32% is a huge discount but yeah the prices have gone down a lot.

I am renting in central london and our lease was up and I asked for a reduction, they said no so I went and looked at whats out there. I was able to get a 2 bedroom place thats almost twice as big in a slightly better area for same amount of money as I was paying for my 1 bed.
        I think it is feasible. Usually landlord if are a bit naive they go with what the agents tell them.

Sales people sometimes they rack up the price of a product that is a bit meah just to give the impression that the product has some value. The price on it's own can sometimes create that impression.
        There is an example in "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion - R Chialdini" with doubling the price of some emeralds by mistake and what was previously a difficult product to sell had just cleared out.

I think there is some of that there. Also I am going direct with the owner, he doesn't have to go pay 15-20% management fee to some of the big names.
        It has been vacant for a few months now, and has some particularities that not many people would like to have. I actually find it more appealing. (mezzanine bed).

Overall the property market in the Uk is very controlled and many studies point out to the exact same thing: steady increase in prices has been mostly due to an orchestrated common approach by estate agents and landlords alongside.
        The low moral characters have been incentivised and brainwashed to push around the overworked normal person into handing over the product of their work(most of it).

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
          I think it is feasible. Usually landlord if are a bit naive they go with what the agents tell them.

Sales people sometimes they rack up the price of a product that is a bit meah just to give the impression that the product has some value. The price on it's own can sometimes create that impression.
          There is an example in "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion - R Chialdini" with doubling the price of some emeralds by mistake and what was previously a difficult product to sell had just cleared out.

I think there is some of that there. Also I am going direct with the owner, he doesn't have to go pay 15-20% management fee to some of the big names.
          It has been vacant for a few months now, and has some particularities that not many people would like to have. I actually find it more appealing. (mezzanine bed).

Overall the property market in the Uk is very controlled and many studies point out to the exact same thing: steady increase in prices has been mostly due to an orchestrated common approach by estate agents and landlords alongside.
          The low moral characters have been incentivised and brainwashed to push around the overworked normal person into handing over the product of their work(most of it).
          You can always try. I was only able to get 10% off but the flat was already listed very competitively, it was the lowest priced flat in the area that was finished to that spec.

Comment

None of you are doing this properly. Commercial is where it is at.

Soon you will be able to afford your own Crapita building. When I get mine I am going to have my own partition wall squash court where the printer helpdesk team used to be.

I am sure MF will have a few floors of 8 Canada Square.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

Soon you will be able to afford your own Crapita building. When I get mine I am going to have my own partition wall squash court where the printer helpdesk team used to be.

I am sure MF will have a few floors of 8 Canada Square.
              How is he going to fit in the lift?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                How is he going to fit in the lift?
                Maybe use the outside winch that the window cleaners use?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Ahh I think you mean the ones they use to get pianos in buildings. As I doubt the window cleaners ones can take so much weight...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    not when we have a pandemic going on

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I wouldn't be joking with that, we've all gotten a bit chubby over the previous months. I know I did.
                      If this stays and most of the people will spend most of their life in only one place with food delivery ... we'll shortly see a lot of those winches everywhere.

Commercial will go back up. Once our reigning lords realise that a good percent of the population does not bring any value and their only skillset is: ass kissing, bullying, taking minutes and making themselves look important in meetings.
                      They'll have to either get rid of them or make them a burden for the rest of the population and we all know what way it will be going.

Comment

Working...
                      X