• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Central London rental market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OP is talking about renting. Why all the speculation about buying?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I live near Earls Court.

Parts are dodgy, parts are nice and therefore priced accordingly. Much like anywhere really.

What specifically do you want to want to know?
      Longridge Road. With the road and the details above a quick search should point you to the right direction.
      it does not seem to be the best street especially with the budget hotels around, but for my offer I believe should be a good deal.
      Please feel free to share anything that passes through your mind.

Comment

Hotels are very cheap at the moment in London, too bad the VAT on accommodation has gone down, so less to claim back

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Hotels are very cheap at the moment in London, too bad the VAT on accommodation has gone down, so less to claim back
          I would expect the overall cost of the room to be lower rather than the hotel pocket the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            Longridge Road. With the road and the details above a quick search should point you to the right direction.
            it does not seem to be the best street especially with the budget hotels around, but for my offer I believe should be a good deal.
            Please feel free to share anything that passes through your mind.
            Just did a quick look on OnTheMarket for studios within half a mile of Earl's Court station. I see what you mean about availability. I'd be inclined to go north of Cromwell Road or east of Earl's Court Road. That's not a hard and fast rule as I don't know the quality of studio accommodation in the area. I currently rent a 2-bed flat that's approx 928 sq ft and my landlady is great - issues are fixed really fast and she's kept my rent frozen for the past 4 years.

Totally agree with your approach to do a walkabout the streets to see how you feel about them.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              I’m on holiday this week, we went to see a luxury flat in Giffnock near Glasgow 8 times the size of my London flat with massive sunny balcony for £400 a month cheaper than London flat - if never returning to London office then why not indeed

I’m thinking Spain now [emoji4]
              You might want to leave sharpish .....
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                ... luxury flat in Giffnock near Glasgow ...
                Now there's some words I never thought I'd see in such close proximity to each other!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Don't be ungrateful at least its a roof over your head, NLyUK has her old man down the docks flat out in the sea spray!
                  That's not sea spray.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    That's not sea spray.

ROFL!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      You need a buyer when you wish to move though and at times Studio apartments have been impossible to sell.
                      why is that? surely in a recession people want to lower their expenses.

Comment

Working...
                      X