• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Central London rental market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    not when we have a pandemic going on
    *repurposed as my house.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      I wouldn't be joking with that, we've all gotten a bit chubby over the previous months. I know I did.
      If this stays and most of the people will spend most of their life in only one place with food delivery ... we'll shortly see a lot of those winches everywhere.

Commercial will go back up. Once our reigning lords realise that a good percent of the population does not bring any value and their only skillset is: ass kissing, bullying, taking minutes and making themselves look important in meetings.
      They'll have to either get rid of them or make them a burden for the rest of the population and we all know what way it will be going.
      Speak for yourself, I am down 3kg from pre lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
        Speak for yourself, I am down 3kg from pre lockdown.
        You need to up your alcohol game like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          You need to up your alcohol game like the rest of us.

I'd have to work as well but that is a different discussion.

17:04 -> time to crack a cold one...
          Last edited by GigiBronz; 9 September 2020, 16:04.

Comment

17:04 -> time to crack a cold one...
            ...and get a new watch/clock

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              ...and get a new watch/clock
              No he just needs a rotating cabinet or butler as we have learnt today.

Comment

Central London rental market

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                No he just needs a rotating cabinet or butler as we have learnt today.
                I’ve stopped keeping alcohol in the house for quite some time. Temptation is always high to pour yourself a treat when you feel down.

The negociation did not go very well, got a patronising message today that he has gone with another applicant. I don’t think he has anyone. My offer I think is fair but difficult to break the old landlord prerogative.
                I might give it another try in a week or so, it’s been on the market for 3-4months now and advertised with multiple agencies.
                It would be irrational to keep it empty. Unless the gov is somehow subsidising it. Which could be the case if he is running it as a business.

I might go for another airbnb for a while, getting trapped in a letting agreement is not ideal. And just being let yourself pushed around by sleezy landlords and entitled people seems demeaning. But maybe my frustration comes from somewhere else as well and if I had a 900pd outside contract I would have been splashing the full asking on his ass...
                But I’be only had sniffs of 450pd contracts that have gone stale. So if I feel the pain, I am spreading it around.
                Last edited by GigiBronz; 9 September 2020, 23:46.

Comment

I’ve stopped keeping alcohol in the house for quite some time. Temptation is always high to pour yourself a treat when you feel down.
                  Being a purely social drinker, this doesn't happen for me. I simply don't enjoy drinking on my own and I'll drink water all evening. I'll eat crap if I'm fed up rather than open a bottle of something.

My drinks cupboard is practically overflowing but it's only opened when HWMBO is here (or other guests but I've not had any for a long time).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Being a purely social drinker, this doesn't happen for me. I simply don't enjoy drinking on my own and I'll drink water all evening. I'll eat crap if I'm fed up rather than open a bottle of something.

My drinks cupboard is practically overflowing but it's only opened when HWMBO is here (or other guests but I've not had any for a long time).
                    I don't think I could do that. I've been able to stay away from all of the other things apart from alcohol. I am happy that weed gives me a bad vibe so I haven't touched that in years.
                    Part of it I think is genetical, my family from father side, they've all been bright people but I don't think I can find one that did not have or has an alcohol problem.
                    You have to learn to live with your weaknesses.

If I have a sense of purpose and fulfilling work and do regular exercise (which I used to do) I can keep away for months and am driven and happy. But now... if I get 3 days sober a week it's a win.

Comment

I don't think I could do that. I've been able to stay away from all of the other things apart from alcohol. I am happy that weed gives me a bad vibe so I haven't touched that in years.
                      Part of it I think is genetical, my family from father side, they've all been bright people but I don't think I can find one that did not have or has an alcohol problem.
                      You have to learn to live with your weaknesses.

If I have a sense of purpose and fulfilling work and do regular exercise (which I used to do) I can keep away for months and am driven and happy. But now... if I get 3 days sober a week it's a win.
                      3 days a week without booze is clearly a win. 1 or 2 is my norm. But I don't tend to drink much when I do.

Comment

Working...
                      X