• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Central London rental market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    I don't think I could do that. I've been able to stay away from all of the other things apart from alcohol. I am happy that weed gives me a bad vibe so I haven't touched that in years.
    Part of it I think is genetical, my family from father side, they've all been bright people but I don't think I can find one that did not have or has an alcohol problem.
    You have to learn to live with your weaknesses.

If I have a sense of purpose and fulfilling work and do regular exercise (which I used to do) I can keep away for months and am driven and happy. But now... if I get 3 days sober a week it's a win.
    Most of my mum's siblings (she's the eldest of six) have 'challenges' with drink, shall we say, but she doesn't like to drink much at all. My dad likes a drink but saves the red wine for the weekend. I do enjoy a drink when I have one, or six, but it just loses its appeal when I'm on my own.

3 days sober is way better than none. Don't beat yourself up too hard over it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Maybe use the outside winch that the window cleaners use?
      Nooo! He mustn't risk it!

I nearly bought an open-plan flat the size of a tennis court in Brighton, but the twat selling it pulled out at the last minute.

I later found out he had partitioned it into about five pokey flats and was letting them to students!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Nooo! He mustn't risk it!

On second thoughts, maybe he should - someone could build a public swimming pool from the resulting crater.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
          Part of it I think is genetical... But now... if I get 3 days sober a week it's a win.
          Also got family who I'm pretty sure have a genetic disposition to it ... they can go days without it, but over the years the effects have been bad. One destroyed their short term memory another went from owning a successful business to being barely capable of doing a cleaning job.

Comment

Working...
          X