• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One Star Reviews On Amazon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Star Reviews On Amazon

Amazon'''s murky world of one-star reviews - BBC News

Amazon's marketplace is being abused by independent sellers using one-star reviews to harm rivals, the BBC has been told.
    Newsnight spoke to a number of those affected who believe their sales have suffered as a consequence.
    A consumer rights champion now wants a UK watchdog to investigate further, as part of a probe into fake reviews that is already under way.
    Amazon claims to be "relentless" in tackling review manipulation.
    Even so, some of those targeted believe it cannot eradicate the problem.
    Third-party vendors have sold more physical goods on Amazon's site than the US tech giant itself every year since 2015, according to its own figures.

(Edited to say: MF that's why you find it hard to sell on Amazon we keep giving you one star reviews after not buying your products.)
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

And beware of verified purchases that give 5 star reviews. A lot of them are paid reviews where the person buys the product and, on filing a 5 star review, gets the purchase price refunded through paypal. Amazon don't know about the refund as it's bypassed their platform so don't pick it up as dodgy.

It was reported recently but I can't for the life of me remember where I read it. Will share a link if the old memory fires up

Comment

Amazon now seems to be yet another scammy market selling many poor quality products. It has swapped places with Ebay.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Lots of sledging of Amazon going on.
        They are just upmarket gumtree/craiglist/FBMarketplace/eBay
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          Amazon now seems to be yet another scammy market selling many poor quality products. It has swapped places with Ebay.
          It was fine until MF got his grubby little hands on it!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Thread rated.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              Amazon really went downhill IMHO when the Marketplace became so big. Apparently 3rd party sales via Marketplace are about 60% plus of Amazon's retail turnover. Just searching for something basic like 'wireless headphones' brings up 10,000 choices, most of which is no name, cheap crap from China.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                Amazon really went downhill IMHO when the Marketplace became so big. Apparently 3rd party sales via Marketplace are about 60% plus of Amazon's retail turnover. Just searching for something basic like 'wireless headphones' brings up 10,000 choices, most of which is no name, cheap crap from China.
                I spend ages now looking at the sellers to see where they're based.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It was reported recently but I can't for the life of me remember where I read it. Will share a link if the old memory fires up
                  Amazon’s top UK reviewers appear to profit from fake 5-star posts | Ars Technica
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 9 September 2020, 12:21. Reason: found the article at long last

Comment

People should stop buying things that they don't need.
                    If you are after an established product than Amazon is a good option, good price and fast delivery.
                    For shoddy products that nobody knows anything about them, maybe you don't need them in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                    X