Interfaces and static classes Interfaces and static classes - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 33

Contractor Among Contractors

clearedforlanding is NOT a disguised employee

Hey, I am management. Could someone explain this for me?

I will settle with being brushed off with statements like "Inefficient use of resources when compared to world class business practice" that I can plug into my next ppt no matter what the topic I am presenting.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by clearedforlanding View Post

I will settle with being brushed off with statements like "Inefficient use of resources when compared to world class business practice" that I can plug into my next ppt no matter what the topic I am presenting.
    Just some squabble over how to change the toner cartridge or some such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Just some squabble over how to change the toner cartridge or some such.
    • Best practice for handover requires clear procedures and methodologies to change toner in a manner that provides growth opportunities. Win-Win.
    • Reduce consumable budget by 15%.

Thank you Greg. Ever dependable.

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

This is not the first time that a whole industry has been destroyed by the British Government and it won't be the last.

Let's not kid ourselves that we will be missed, everyone will get poorer, the deficit will get larger and economists will write books that blame Brexit.

• Best practice for handover requires clear procedures and methodologies to change toner in a manner that provides growth opportunities. Win-Win.
    • This is not the first time that a whole industry has been destroyed by the British Government and it won't be the last.
    • Let's not kid ourselves that we will be missed, everyone will get poorer, the deficit will get larger and economists will write books that blame Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWolves View Post
    This is not the first time that a whole industry has been destroyed by the British Government and it won't be the last.

Let's not kid ourselves that we will be missed, everyone will get poorer, the deficit will get larger and economists will write books that blame Brexit.
    Not quite sure of the relevance of what you are saying so have made sure it is included in my ppt.

My post count is Majestic

vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

• Reduce consumable budget by 15%. - increase my bonus by 25%
    • This is not the first time that a whole industry has been destroyed by the British Government and it won't be the last.
    • Let's not kid ourselves that we will be missed, everyone will get poorer, the deficit will get larger and economists will write books that blame Brexit.

Not quite sure of the relevance of what you are saying so have made sure it is included in my ppt.
    FTFY

I am sure I have worked with you before!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

Thank you Greg. Ever dependable.
    I'm out-sourcing it to a managed print service to stop these unwashed cretins cluttering up the management office suite. Let them pick fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Stupid young programmer insists on using outmoded techniques, completely ignoring who has kept up with the literature of how to develop robust, maintainable applications. Usually it's the other way round.

TL;DR Cheap employee dramatically increases TCO of application.

Not that, as a manager, you care, as employment costs are immediately visible whereas TCO is over the lifetime of the application. By which time you've moved on.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

My post count is Majestic

vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Stupid young programmer insists on using outmoded techniques, completely ignoring who has kept up with the literature of how to develop robust, maintainable applications. Usually it's the other way round.

TL;DR Cheap employee dramatically increases TCO of application.

Not that, as a manager, you care, as employment costs are immediately visible whereas TCO is over the lifetime of the application. By which time you've have received your bonus, bragged about it on linked in and moved on.
    FTFY
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

• The trend is your friend. Observe the market trend, the moment lower highs are no more you get the @£$ out. No ifs no buts. ACT.

Added Scoots contribution. Scooter, may I have a graph a collateral for my next slide. I might find your bullet point hard to explain.