• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interfaces and static classes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I am management. Could someone explain this for me?

I will settle with being brushed off with statements like "Inefficient use of resources when compared to world class business practice" that I can plug into my next ppt no matter what the topic I am presenting.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

I will settle with being brushed off with statements like "Inefficient use of resources when compared to world class business practice" that I can plug into my next ppt no matter what the topic I am presenting.
      Just some squabble over how to change the toner cartridge or some such.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Just some squabble over how to change the toner cartridge or some such.
        • Best practice for handover requires clear procedures and methodologies to change toner in a manner that provides growth opportunities. Win-Win.
        • Reduce consumable budget by 15%.

Thank you Greg. Ever dependable.

Comment

This is not the first time that a whole industry has been destroyed by the British Government and it won't be the last.

Let's not kid ourselves that we will be missed, everyone will get poorer, the deficit will get larger and economists will write books that blame Brexit.

Comment

• Best practice for handover requires clear procedures and methodologies to change toner in a manner that provides growth opportunities. Win-Win.
            • This is not the first time that a whole industry has been destroyed by the British Government and it won't be the last.
            • Let's not kid ourselves that we will be missed, everyone will get poorer, the deficit will get larger and economists will write books that blame Brexit.

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            This is not the first time that a whole industry has been destroyed by the British Government and it won't be the last.

Let's not kid ourselves that we will be missed, everyone will get poorer, the deficit will get larger and economists will write books that blame Brexit.
            Not quite sure of the relevance of what you are saying so have made sure it is included in my ppt.

Comment

• Reduce consumable budget by 15%. - increase my bonus by 25%
              • This is not the first time that a whole industry has been destroyed by the British Government and it won't be the last.
              • Let's not kid ourselves that we will be missed, everyone will get poorer, the deficit will get larger and economists will write books that blame Brexit.

Not quite sure of the relevance of what you are saying so have made sure it is included in my ppt.
              FTFY

I am sure I have worked with you before!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Thank you Greg. Ever dependable.
                I'm out-sourcing it to a managed print service to stop these unwashed cretins cluttering up the management office suite. Let them pick fruit!

Comment

Stupid young programmer insists on using outmoded techniques, completely ignoring who has kept up with the literature of how to develop robust, maintainable applications. Usually it's the other way round.

TL;DR Cheap employee dramatically increases TCO of application.

Not that, as a manager, you care, as employment costs are immediately visible whereas TCO is over the lifetime of the application. By which time you've moved on.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Stupid young programmer insists on using outmoded techniques, completely ignoring who has kept up with the literature of how to develop robust, maintainable applications. Usually it's the other way round.

TL;DR Cheap employee dramatically increases TCO of application.

Not that, as a manager, you care, as employment costs are immediately visible whereas TCO is over the lifetime of the application. By which time you've have received your bonus, bragged about it on linked in and moved on.
                    FTFY
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

• The trend is your friend. Observe the market trend, the moment lower highs are no more you get the @£$ out. No ifs no buts. ACT.

Added Scoots contribution. Scooter, may I have a graph a collateral for my next slide. I might find your bullet point hard to explain.

Comment

Working...
                      X