• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interfaces and static classes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interfaces and static classes

Just had a junior programmer explaining to me that static classes are wonderful and interfaces are only when you want two classes that can't inherit from each other, to share methods. He's the guy who's taking over from me. He's not even some offshore moron.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just had a junior programmer explaining to me that static classes are wonderful and interfaces are only when you want two classes that can't inherit from each other, to share methods. He's the guy who's taking over from me. He's not even some offshore moron.

Hope you cuffed him round the earhole!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The calibre of your replacement is a great way of seeing how highly you are regarded by the end client.

In my case it usually requires an MVP (I think last clientco needed 2 to cover all my areas of expertise).
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

He's taking over and you're heading for the door.

Chin up, not your problem.

Comment

Stand back and enjoy the future of repeat consultancy fees!

Where there is stupidity there is business fixing it!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            The calibre of your replacement is a great way of seeing how highly you are regarded by the end client.

In my case it usually requires an MVP (I think last clientco needed 2 to cover all my areas of expertise).
            MVP?
            Massively Vain Plonker?

Comment

interfaces are only when you want two classes that can't inherit from each other, to share methods
              Composition over inheritance - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                To be fair, this is senior management laying down dictats ot middle management concerning contractors. My immediate bosses and my colleagues don't want me to go. Although my replacement is internal, young and German, they're also go through the horrors of having to outsource.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                He's taking over and you're heading for the door.

Chin up, not your problem.
                That's what my wife said!

Currently negotiating a permie job at a small consultancy that should see me through to retirement and is refreshingly challenging. The directors (all ex-contractors) are meeting next week to discuss it. I'm angling for the job title "Head of Gin Procurement and Quality Control". *hic*

Comment

Pah!

Foul Septic immitation.

Life. Don't talk to me about life. - YouTube
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    MVP?
                    Massively Vain Plonker?
                    That'd be me. :wave
                    Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Stand back and enjoy the future of repeat consultancy fees!

Where there is stupidity there is business fixing it!
                    Well, funnily enough, the consultancy I'm negotiating with have a presence at the client site. However, they'd charge 50% more for me than I do. I would love to see that happen.
                    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                    I told him. He's young. He's got no flippin' excuse. I swear he's a closet procedural programmer...

Comment

Working...
                    X