• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free T Shirt!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it look like this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPmdP6nX...g&name=360x360
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      The fact you have to ask this means you don't have a clue about IR35. Very poor position to be in bearing in mind we just missed it in April but its coming again next year. Get reading.
      How is it different to receiving a small nominal value gift like a calendar or mug?

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
        How is it different to receiving a small nominal value gift like a calendar or mug?

Ex-ClientCo put corporate desk calendars on every desk one year, irrespective of who sat there and whether the desk was even in use. Does that make me inside IR35?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Ex-ClientCo put corporate desk calendars on every desk one year, irrespective of who sat there and whether the desk was even in use. Does that make me inside IR35?
          IMHO no, but maybe it could be interpreted as being part and parcel?? OP is talking about a gift from his agency though.

Comment

IMHO no, but maybe it could be interpreted as being part and parcel?? OP is talking about a gift from his agency though.
            Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            If the client requires it, maybe. But this is the agency.
            Yes I know.

I will have to remember to find the sarcasm tag next time.

Comment

I have corporate logo'ed polo shirts for use when at conferences or onsite at a customer, I try my hardest not to wear them
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

maybe if people would start refusing meaningless useless gifts, the companies/agencies will stop treating them like chumps.

it's not the gift on it's own but the indebtedness that you acquire and need to reciprocate.

google rule of reciprocity in social norms. -> marketing trick they are using on all of us to make us to do irrational things

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                  maybe if people would start refusing meaningless useless gifts, the companies/agencies will stop treating them like chumps.

it's not the gift on it's own but the indebtedness that you acquire and need to reciprocate.

google rule of reciprocity in social norms. -> marketing trick they are using on all of us to make us to do irrational things
                  Cobblers.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I have corporate logo'ed polo shirts for use when at conferences or onsite at a customer, I try my hardest not to wear them
                    Expat twats 'R' us GmbH ????

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Expat twats 'R' us GmbH ????
                      Looks like someone has only just out of the wrong side of the bed and found that he was actually sweating all night long but has in fact pee'd it after a night on the Buckfast...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X