• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are the British such Mugs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If you are a sockie how to you go to another country?
    Find someone who enjoys very long walks...?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      The UK doesn't have the highest energy costs in the developed world.

Other than that...

...FOG
      OK I'll give you that but we did own our own gas and electricity, we the tax payers owned it and benefited massively.

To make matters even worse we sold it off to companies like EDF who are state run and use the profits to subsidize the French citizens electricity.

Now tell me we are not the biggest mugs on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
        OK I'll give you that but we did own our own gas and electricity, we the tax payers owned it and benefited massively.

To make matters even worse we sold it off to companies like EDF who are state run and use the profits to subsidize the French citizens electricity.

The only people who 'benefited massively' were those who sold candles.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You certainly seem to have one of the larger victim complexes on the planet.

Comment

Typical spinless response

Yup i like to accept things at face value and not question them, typical spinless British response.

There is plenty of things that a great about this country but it is slowly being eroded away. A close family friends father had Dementia, was forced into care and had to pay £500 a week because his wife still had a house. He came back in a much much worse state than when he went in.

Now you tell me is that victim complex or stop ripping us off, we paid for our services stop selling them to your wealthy friends syndrome.

Comment

In fact it's the polar opposite of victim complex, it's a hey I have a spine and refuse to be a victim. I have balls, I'll be dead soon but at least I lived.

Comment

In fact it's the polar opposite of victim complex, it's a hey I have a spine and refuse to be a victim. I have balls, I'll be dead soon but at least I lived.
                Good for you .. yeah, you tell 'em

You'd get on well with GigiBronze
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

...by switching domestic energy supplier. Go get 'em, tiger!

Comment

You could write a book on how the British have been done over, especially over the last ten years.

Seriously Grayling phantom ferries, phantom PPE to the tun of £150m, phanton track and trace to the tune of £100m, £1 billion bung to DUP. It goes on and on an on. Rigged property market billions to property developers.

And guess who pays for this, you MUGS with your 20p-40p in every pound that goes to the tax man.

Easy to be glib and subservient but like i said some of us have a spine.

Persecution complex get real we are a country that has destroyed it's reputation and whose economy has the lowest growth in the world post Covid.

6 months on the bench and pre-Tory i have never even applied for a job in 5 years.

Yes we are fcked.

Comment

Any thing to say with substance Gregg?

Comment

Working...
                      X